View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2013, 05:39 PM

First dog holiday - Lakes recommendations?

I've finally convinced family to look after our little rescue for our first wedding anniversary and we are finally getting a honeymoon!

Thinking Lake District as we both love it there and Riley will have a blast!

Never stayed in a guest house with a dog before so not sure what to expect?
Are dogs allowed inside for example?
Is there anything I should be aware off?

I'm prepared to camp but as its our honeymoon I'd rather not!

Does anyone have any recommendations of dog friendly places?

I'm also vegan and OH veggie so a dog friendly, veggie friendly recommendation would be even better!

I'm excited already and its not until May!!!
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Seatoller! I swear there is a really nice pub/b&b sort of thing there, if not there are only 2 full time residents and the rest are really nice holiday cottages.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Fortunately the Lakes are very dog friendly indeed and you will find that it is quite rare for anywhere to ban dogs.......even at lunchtime, all the bars happily let them in whilst you have a meal!!

I have lived at both Grasmere and Braithwaite.....both have glorious walks (well actually, it is hard not to find glorious walks wherever you go in the Lakes ), and whether you choose B & B, cottage let, or pub/hotel, they all mostly allow dogs.

Have a great time.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 07:10 PM
You cannot get a much better recommendation than this!

Low Nest Farm run by people who own Weimaraners and who have won the Kennel Club's Open for Dogs Award for places to stay 3 years in a row!

http://www.dogfriendlylakedistrict.co.uk/
Niccie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
You cannot get a much better recommendation than this!

Low Nest Farm run by people who own Weimaraners and who have won the Kennel Club's Open for Dogs Award for places to stay 3 years in a row!

http://www.dogfriendlylakedistrict.co.uk/
Looks amazing!! Hopefully available on the right days and we'll be booking!

Thank you!

Very excited now!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Gotta love you - taking your dawgs on your honeymoon!

I hope you have a FABULOUS time!
Jesss
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Fortunately the Lakes are very dog friendly indeed and you will find that it is quite rare for anywhere to ban dogs.......even at lunchtime, all the bars happily let them in whilst you have a meal!!

I have lived at both Grasmere and Braithwaite.....both have glorious walks (well actually, it is hard not to find glorious walks wherever you go in the Lakes ), and whether you choose B & B, cottage let, or pub/hotel, they all mostly allow dogs.

Have a great time.
I love grassmere and braithwaite, my oh's grannys ashesh are scattered up the hill so she can look over the places they took the grandkids on holiday! We camp but can vouch for being able to take dogs 9/10 pub, there is a place in keswick that even serves dog treats behind the bar!
blb123
New Member!
Female 

30-04-2013, 11:48 AM
The Lake District is a great place to take your dog(s) on holiday. Most local pubs welcome pets as they are used to walkers turning up with their muddy boots and loyal companions.

If you're looking for hotels, this is a group of dog friendly hotels that will welcome you warmly http://www.bestlakesbreaks.co.uk

Enjoy the walking!