View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Thank you everyone, I can't actually watch it myself without crying! Never knew one little dog could touch my heart so much, she really is my shining star!
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2013, 08:07 AM
My beautiful baby girl who drifted off to sleep last night I love you so much angel, I hope wherever you are now you're happy and bossing them all around like you used to! Until we meet again sweet girl xxx
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-04-2013, 08:27 AM
So very sorry for your loss run free Tara
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2013, 10:53 AM
What a really beautiful tribute to your beautiful dog. Shows what a lovely life you gave her. The music is lovely too.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-04-2013, 02:40 PM
That must be one of the most beautiful tributes I have ever seen. The love you shared with Tara is so evident in her facial expressions while with you; of sheer bliss.

She will continue to live in happiness in your heart.

I must ask, what song is that? It's beautiful.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Oh that was some tribute to Tara, so very moving. How wonderful to have given her 4 happy years.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Well that's done it -smiling and crying at the same time.

Is it right I want to thank you for taking Tara in - it's what I want to say to most people who rescue dogs. It seems illogical to say thank you - but it's gratitude I feel for you taking this wonderful girl in and giving her a wonderful 4 years of extra life and when the time comes a dignified and relaxing death.

Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
So Tara's many health issues have been building up for a while, and it seems they may now be taking their toll on my girl she's dropped a lot of weight over the past few months despite eating well and is becoming more and more 'wobbly' and weak on her legs.

For those of you who don't know her story, Tara came to me between christmas and new year 2008 when her current owner wanted to euthanise her. To cut a long story short she was signed over to the practice where I was working at the time, and came home to live with me over new year until the rehoming kennels could take her. Obviously she never quite made it to those kennels

She was approximately 12 and a half when I got her and had a few issues when we got her, various lumps and bumps, an injured leg, terrible dental issues and liver disease. But we got through all of that, leg was stitched up, teeth got sorted, lumps tested and a couple removed and put on supplements to support her liver function. She was also a nervous wreck when I got her, terrified of sudden movements, raised voices and if you caught her by surprise she would scream and run for the hills My thoughts when I took her in were if I could just give her a good 6 - 12 months, I would be happy.

Slowly she learnt to trust again and almost 4 years later here we are Following a head trauma a couple of years back when playing with Max in the garden she has been left partially blind and been plagued with vestibular episodes, one of those horrible accidents that leaves you thinking 'if only' several times over

She is now looking very skinny, her face is starting to hollow with the weight she is dropping. Bloods are all normal, even her liver is back to normal. She has as mentioned lots and lots of lumps, and our best suspicion is that one or more of those are nasty. However with her current issues and her age, I wouldn't put her through any major treatments or surgeries, so finding out exactly what / where it is would make no difference. She is on supportive treatment and as long as she is still eating and able to get herself up and around and out for the toilet then that is good enough for me. She still plods out on her walks and loves being in the fresh air. I know we are living on borrowed time, and she will tell me when she's had enough, and I can't help but think this time will soon come

So today I have made a tribute for my girl made up of a few photos we have taken over the past 4 happy years. From the frightened shell of a dog she came to me as, to the happy and contented dog I see before me ... this is my girl, my angel, my forever dog, Tara

I love you baby girl, more than you will ever know
Bepackleader
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Beautiful tribute to a wonderful creature.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2