Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Calling people?? I dont get this statement. It's got nothing to do with who started it, it just seems that so many posts seem to turn into arguments on here lately which in turn makes people feel like there's no point commenting honestly for the risk of what has happened in this thread.

I've just had a proper read through and I don't personally see how the original post that caused offence did as it did not refer to anyone personally.
you said it "caused offense" dont have to refer to anyone in particular, it was offensive, end of
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
yea as long as you don't mind being called mutton, you can join too!!!! fake bling will do, as will peroxide
Have been known to attack the peroxide, and fake bling i have well out of a christmas cracker
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
Have been known to attack the peroxide, and fake bling i have well out of a christmas cracker
That'll do nicely then
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 08:58 PM
The way I see it, it is each to their own.

I hadn't noticed comments on this thread until Esmeds post, but went back through for a peek.

I have to say, I agree with Lionhound & Jackbox that we would be very boring indeed if we were all the same. Some of the posts on this thread were tactless to say the least

Neither Sid or myself are ostentatious/pretentious or flashy we just fancied having one for our own reasons. I think it looks great. To me it's no more flashy than the car you buy, house you own, clothes you wear. Anyway, whose business is it if you want to buy a personalized plate or not? It's up to the individual - people worked damned hard for their money!

I think it's a shame that a seemingly innocent & fun post has turned into people having jibes/back-biting. For heavens sake lets just accept we are all different and realize we are all members of the SAME forum having a bit of fun
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
you said it "caused offense" dont have to refer to anyone in particular, it was offensive, end of
I think the words "caused" and "offence" were used in this thread long before I used them?

End of
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
Ahh but thats the danger with the internet, its just words on a screen, no body language, so it can be taken anyway that the person reading it wants to, thats why people should think before they post
Surely it's also, therefore why people should think before they react.

Stereotypes are everywhere. We are all walking, talking stereotypes. Y'all should learn to deal with it and take it on the chin.

No one called anyone names on this thread and yet off you went, as usual.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 09:02 PM
I think the words "caused" and "offence" were used in this thread long before I used them?

End of
exactly, so what's your point then
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post

Stereotypes are everywhere. We are all walking, talking stereotypes. Y'all should learn to deal with it and take it on the chin.

Don't you dare start lady!!! You cannot call a substanial proportion of the population mutton and hope to get away with it.
Take it on the chin!!!
It's late now and I'm off but we can finish this discussion tomorrow.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 09:05 PM
I was going to contribute to this thread based on a family personal number plate but down to the bitchiness I don't see the point.
and yet three posts later, your still going on about it,

Calling people?? I dont get this statement. It's got nothing to do with who started it, it just seems that so many posts seem to turn into arguments on here lately which in turn makes people feel like there's no point commenting honestly for the risk of what has happened in this thread.

I've just had a proper read through and I don't personally see how the original post that caused offence did as it did not refer to anyone personally.

End of
I think you will find most people have turned it into a joke,

but if anyone would like to have a go!!! go for it, Im having a crap time just now, so Im well up for it...

lololololol
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post

Sorry off i went????? just pointing out that its very difficult to judge in what context people mean things when you can't see them, personally as i am under 40 brunette, don't drive a 4 x4 or wear bling, i knew i couldn't be classed as mutton dressed as lamb,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but if i were over 50 blonde etc i might have been offended, because i couldn't see if you were joking or not
Page 12 of 35 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »