View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 07:24 AM
I have had 4 dogs for much of my life I get people saying all the time " what do you have 4 dogs for ? " . I just don't care anymore , it's my life I can do what I want
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-08-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm with the rest of the people on here hun,

You love your dogs , you are happy, they are happy . . . these peoples opinions are irrelevant . . . just totally ignore their comments.

Big hugs babe . . . . ((((( HUGS )))))

x x x x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-08-2009, 07:34 AM
You will always get comments like this.. and it usually comes from non dog people.

A very good friend of ours, always used to ask us , why !! you must be mad!! its only a dog!! all the time, till he got one himself.. then he came to us one day and said!!!! now I know what you mean", and now he has two )same breed)

You can only emphasise with someone when you experience the same if they dont, you will never get it through to them, why you have dogs/ how many, and how much you care for them.

So just ignore them
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2009, 07:56 AM
3 kids under 10, and 3 dogs ( 2pups and an oldie). I get the "you must be mad" all the time.
IMHO the dogs are much easier in every way than the kids. Dogs dont want the latest this or that, or fight over the tv remote.
You do it your way and ****** anyone else.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 08:51 AM
I have two dogs and no kids. I don't really plan on having kids either. I'm lucky that my family aren't particularly children orientated so they've never said anything.

There's one man who's a volunteer at the hospice where I do my work placement who totally hates dogs and doesn't hide the fact. Whenever I'm chatting with someone about dogs he always makes a comment like 'I'd kill all dogs if I got my way'. He's an idiot.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 09:28 AM
2 kids, 2 dogs, 4 cats and 4 fishtanks.

my neighbour, who lives alone, regularly moans about how lonely he is. lonely? what the heck does that mean! right now i'm in the dining room with both dogs, 2 of my cats and 3 of the fishtanks.

it may be me, but when i meet people who don't have any pets and aren't particularly keen on animals, i just can't take to them. i find them quite cold and often quite selfish. animal lovers are never like that, it's just impossible!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2009, 10:17 AM
I get it all the time too. 1 dog, 6 cats, 2 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, 2 rats, 3 hamsters, 2 gerbils, 1 tortoise, 3 kids and a puppy arriving next week. I would rather have the company of my kids n pets than waste stupid amounts of money on 2 weeks holiday abroad anytime!! I know which one of you has the more fulfilled life Take no notice she obviously has very little else to occupy her time if she is so interested in what you get up to!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
1 child, 2 dogs, 5 cats, 4 mice and a tank of fish .......... the animals are easier and cheaper all put together than my 1 child!!!!
Haha so so true!

This is my life, (people thinking i'm insane for having a lot of animals) you just get used to the comments I guess.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 11:58 AM
ill be honest with with u all i prefer my dog and my 2 cats to my kids. i havnt had any probs with my pets. but loads off the kids.
the animals dont moan to me about the latest boyfriend/girlfriend (whos been dumped ect) all i get from ben is a biscuit issue he wants 1 i wont let him have the pot full lol.
i can do what i want and when i want without having to see if the kids agree.(and they have all left home )
and if i had female pets and they did have an *accident* i could sell the offspring. and not have to babysit.
so yep animals over kids anytime here for us.
(cant u tell im a bit peeved with a couple of my kids LOL)
Sequeena
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2009, 01:45 PM
I have recently been asked if I now have a zoo because I just rescued an 11 week old kitten, I only have 2 other dogs!

Speaking about my GSD: "Oh she'll eat you out of house and home! She'll be fat before you know it! Bet she's ripped everything to shreds, has she bitten anyone yet? You have a kitten! Oh my god don't let her near the kitten!!"

Um, just because your dog is overweight doesn't mean mine is. She's the perfect weight for her age, 24kg at 9 months and has a slim build - how it should be for a female!! No she hasn't ripped everything though she did go through a few socks and shoes No she hasn't bitten anyone! She's also PERFECT with my kitten. They love each other and she's taken on the mother role.

When they see my collie cross "oh that's so cute can I touch her?" No, she's not fond of other people, let her come to you if she wants to be touched. And then they get confused when they try to touch her (after I've told them not to) and she starts barking!

"Oh you've got a nasty one there!" No she's not nasty, YOU'RE an idiot.

And when I'm out with them both oof!! Why have you got a big and a small dog together, your gsd will eat her if anything my collie cross is the aggressive one!! And they're always shocked to learn my gsd doesn't ever bark

Oops went off on one there
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >