Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 06:26 PM

Why why why??? People!!! (rant!!)

I don't have kids, I work almost full time, my Mum looks after the setter babes for me, when I am at work. The babes want for nothing. I probably spend on them less then the average family spend on their kids, after all the boys have no games consoles (maybe Deacon would like a Wii, but tough, so do I!!), they need no clothes, don't demand anything when we go out for a day, not even an ice cream, just some water a tripe stick and they happy, a cuddle with mummy and my attention and they do not want more.
So why do people moan at me for having 3 dogs? It really gets to me, like today a colleague asked why I had three dogs, because I want to.... All the same breed? Yes, I answer....Ooh got your work cut out there!....No not really, I do know what I am doing.... bet they cost you a fortune, think of all those holidays you could have! This is a woman who has three very spoilt brats...
I daren't mention I am looking at adding to the brood after the intended house move!! Does anyone else have this with their friends/family/colleagues?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2009, 06:40 PM
No I don't have it, but I can understand how you feel as you say they are cheaper having got 2 Sons the dogs have always been cheaper our youngest at 24 still costs us money and can I borrow. Bet your setters are better behaved than most kids today too.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 06:43 PM
My family think I'm weird cos I don't have kids and I'd choose a house full of dogs any day.
Each to their own I'd say.
Annoying that people feel they have to say it though.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Three kids; nine dogs! I do get asked if I'm "mad" quite a lot Often when people hear I have so many dogs they say "Oh, you haven't got kids?" (obviously must assume my dogs are some sort of kid substitute ) and when I tell them "I have three kids actually" they are shocked!!!! I love to see their faces
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 07:00 PM
I`ve brought up 3 children. Believe me, dogs are a hundred times cheaper and less work. I assume the woman was either childless or trying to wind you up. Either way, her opinion doesn`t matter does it?
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Some people just like to hear their own voices, ignore her or anyone else who feels they have a right to comment on your life.
You are happy and thats all that counts
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Having 2 dogs and 5 cats, I get it all the time, I will be adding another cat in a months time, and people look at me as if I am daft..They assume with all these animals my home must stink...It certainly doesn't!..Personally I prefer the company of animals to people most of the time!
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Try and let it all go over your head-easy to say though-its nobodies business only your own how many loved and well cared for dogs/cats you have-take care x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Oh Claire..I used to get it all the time..why would you want so many dogs, like you, they were my babies.

Just ignore them, they obviously have never experienced the deep love that we get from our darlings..poor them xx
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 07:57 PM
2 kids + OH, 2 dogs and yes i get the same as you.

my mil tries to tell me how to behave with dogs, what MY DOGS think, and how having the same sex will cause problems ( yes we're thinking of expanding the brood) and she has cats!!!
i go on holiday, thats why i have kids.....to look after my dogs whilst i'm away
i just tell her that trying to teach me to peel grapes has long passed.

its annoying but see it as their problem not yours.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >