View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 05:08 PM
wow well done, oh wish i could get my two to do it i keep trying and wont give up. REally let me down today, a family friend came to repair light for me and they jumped at him none stop grrr thought i had stopped them doing that, here i go again at the beginning grrr x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Well done both of you, good job!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks guys, I'm very pleased with her, now she's proved she can do it - I'm going to test her to the extreme hehe

AJL - I will write again to explain how I did it, tonight but for now I have to go.

Back soon x
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 10:13 PM
We were told never to use the dog's name when using Stay or Wait, as it makes them get up again.

I use "good boy" and "wait/stay".... both said in a calm but up-beat voice.

If Max starts to move I say "stay/wait" firmly...

I must admit I have to say it every 20-30 seconds.... but it works. We spent ages with Max building up to 1 min 30 seconds.... just increased it by 10 seconds everytime

But doesn't 90 seconds feel like about 10 minutes!!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 10:29 PM
I haven't really worked towards a time with Takara, just practiced it for long enough and then tested her today for the first time.

If she looks like she's about to get up I just say 'waiiit' in a calm and relaxed tone. If she looks like she still wants to get up I say it slightly more firmly.

If I say good girl, I say it very calmly and quietly because my parents have used it as release word so I'm training her out of it.

I think it's just a case of correcting them and make sure that you build it up gradually so that there's more succesful attempts than not.

Sorry, that's not really that helpful is it.

About to go and get stopwatch and see how long we can do a stay for although now she's tired it'll probably be a good long time lol
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2