View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BCMadness
New Member!
Male 

20-06-2006, 12:10 AM
Mine are all fed on CSJ and I'm also a distributor. I will try to find out weather or not CSJ use any kind of animal testing is used.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by colliemad
Found that quote on the first link. I was led to believe last year that the BUAV were not adding any more companies to their list, has this now changed?
I have no idea, you asked a question I tried to answer. In no way am I an expert.
The above statement says it all really, it seems that they believe that companies should be boycotted regardless unless they have signed up with the BUAV
I think that if such a big company doesn't sign up then they must be hiding something. After all it would benefit their product if they did.
CSJ is not listed on either site and as lottie used animal testing as her main concern and reason for changing food I can't see what difference it will make.
I imagine that as CSJ is more of a private business than a comercial company that's the reason they aren't listed. Listing every single pet food producer would be almost impossible I would imagine. The only way to find out if they test on animals is to ask them.

I too stopped using JWB due to it testing on animals and now use Burns which thankfully suits him better too. I guess it's difficult to know what to do for the best but IMO trying to do the right thing is better than doing nothing at all.
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2006, 11:58 PM
I think that if such a big company doesn't sign up then they must be hiding something. After all it would benefit their product if they did.
That's just it, if the list is closed they can't sign up and neither can anyone else. I saw the BUAV list years ago and I don't think it has changed since then. They have listed mars owned companies such as pedigree and underneath they have added royal canin and JWB. JWB are not owned by mars, they are owned by royal canin and mars are the majority shareholders. They have listed experiments that are apparently carried out at waltham and it would seem that JWB are considered guilty by association as there is no evidence listed there to show that they carry out such tests.

I imagine that as CSJ is more of a private business than a comercial company that's the reason they aren't listed. Listing every single pet food producer would be almost impossible I would imagine. The only way to find out if they test on animals is to ask them.
I did ask JWB and I posted their response on here Burns also carry out palatability testing of their foods...

I also changed mine to Burns as the JWB just did not suit one of them and I think that Burns is a far superior food so it is no surprise to me that your dog does better on it, I know mine did! They do even better still on raw

One thing on the BUAV site that did make me smile though is that they have listed fasting for up to 24 hours as something that has "the potential to cause suffering or distress". I wonder how many raw feeders give their dogs a fast day, and how many of us starve our dogs for 24 hours if they have an upset stomach?
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3