Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 03:31 PM

CSJ dog food? Opinions please

Does anyone use this? What's it like?

From what I saw it looked ok and I'm feeding Takara James Wellbeloved at the moment but have just found out that they use animal testing (yet another) I don't want to move Takara again just yet as we've already shifted about with food a bit but does anyone know what CSJ is like?

James Wellbeloved really suits Takara but I do feel bad that it's on the boycott list and I'm using it so if CSJ has good reviews from some of you I might give it a go (don't want to move her about too much!)

Thanks
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-06-2006, 03:54 PM
CSJ are the peeps who produce and distribute 'Autarky' dog food-which is what i feed mine on!

The main problem i have with Vegas is keeping weight on him due to being hyperactive and since switching him to Autarky about 5 weeks ago-he is now a good shape and im pleased.It dont smell particulary appetising (to me anyway!),but Vegas likes it and his stools are firm/small.

A bargain also-its classed as 'working dog food' so is VAT free! I pay £16 for a 15kg sack from the rehoming shelter i got him from and infact-bought one today!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Teagan is fed CSJ Champ!

She's been on it for about 1 1/2 years, and is doing brilliant on it.
Her poo's are always firm, and don't smell, and she hardly farts (she used to fart loads on other food)
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 05:55 PM
I believe CSJ do a couple few different varieties, one which is dead cheap but has a few to many of the wrong things for my liking (like BHA etc) then they have a a better one.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 07:13 PM
I feed mine on CSJ. I think its fab. My lot look brilliant on it. I feed mine on CP18 http://www.csjk9.com/ProductCart/pc/...5&idproduct=16

I am really pleased with it. I will be keeping mine on this. A food which is highly recommended in my eyes!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Oh wow thanks guys,

because I'd only had one recommendation and people kept saying 'oh yeah, JW is good' I thought I better stick with it but I might try them on CSJ.

Ed needs something seriously drastic doing to his food as you need a sponge for his poos and his wind is DISGUSTING! He's on wagg at the moment and we were going to put him on JW like Takara but we might give CSJ a go.

I'm just not sure what to give them out of all the different ones they do... I thought about less active but they're both pretty active but do need low protein diets...

Oh well - will chat to the money provider (aka 'mum')
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2006, 12:07 AM
I was looking into Autarky for my next pup but that's all changed now! I did look inot CSJ but they do have that BHA thing that put my off, can't remember why?

Lottie, I had Pickles on JWB for ages and he did really well on it. But then he started to struggle with the kibble size (have you noticed it can really vary?) and I too realised they test on animals so looked for something similar and found Burns and have to say it suits him even better!

However I can appreciate it can be costly for bigger dogs! Personally if I was you I'd go for Autarky rather than CSJ, but again can't remember the reasoning behind it!

But after the day I've had I think that's perfectly excusable!
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2006, 01:20 AM
My friends dog was on Autarky. Its good food, but it can put weight on your dog.

You just need to go with what suits your dog at the end of the day.
I think Burns food is the best, but mine looked awful on it
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2006, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
I was looking into Autarky for my next pup but that's all changed now! I did look inot CSJ but they do have that BHA thing that put my off, can't remember why?

Lottie, I had Pickles on JWB for ages and he did really well on it. But then he started to struggle with the kibble size (have you noticed it can really vary?) and I too realised they test on animals so looked for something similar and found Burns and have to say it suits him even better!

However I can appreciate it can be costly for bigger dogs! Personally if I was you I'd go for Autarky rather than CSJ, but again can't remember the reasoning behind it!

But after the day I've had I think that's perfectly excusable!
Alot of the range have cereals as first ingrediant which maybe something to consider also BHA and BHT antioxidants which are said to be cancer causing chemicals...although they appear in many foods...even our own but I prefer food without them in for me and my dogs

Just had a look at their site and the command performance would be the one I would say I would go for out the range.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Lottie - e-mail CSj - they are very good, and will recommend a food
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >