View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
memylou
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-01-2011, 11:18 AM

10 Month old beagle refusing to poop outside!

Ok this has got to the point where i'm just seriously fed up!

Our almost 10 month old beagle refuses to poop outside and still doesn't hold her pee in through the night or when I have to go out in the day.

I don't know what to do anymore I've tried everything and she just will not house train properly

Any tips appreciated!

Emma x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Have you had her long? How have you been housetraining her?
Does she have access to outside? Is she left?
Maybe if you tell us a bit more, people can suggest things to help?
memylou
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi, we've had her since she was 3 months. We took her outside every hour at first and when she went she'd be praised then given a treat. She was pretty reliable til the snow came to be honest and then she started refusing to go to the toilet outside, we had 2/3ft which she loved playing in but going to the toilet was a different matter. Since the snows gone she's just continued refusing to go to the toilet outside. I've been taking her out every 2 hours and we have a play and a run around but she always holds it til she comes back in, I can't leave her unsupervised in the garden as she escapes.

She's walked 3x a day for 45 mins each time and she's always refused to go to the toilet on her walks anyway so nothings changed there!

She's never left as I'm a stay at home mum, she's only ever left when we do the shopping or have a meeting at the school etc.

She was crate trained but when she got to about 8 months she'd just do her business in there anyway so we abandoned that and she now has a bed in the kitchen where she stays at night.

Emma x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Beagles can be quite stubborn so you`ll just have to be more stubborn than her, I`m afraid. Don`t go back in till she`s been!. Dogs usually get into a habit of pooping at certain times so maybe you could used that knowledge?
You did it once, so you can do it again.