Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dee3010
New Member!
Female 

27-01-2010, 09:26 AM

Female Staffy

i really need to rehome my female staffy as ive just had my second child and havent got the time to give her walks and attention she craves she is a beautiful black and white with dark blue dots 1 year old she is brilliant with children she loves long walks and lots of cuddles she is very loving dog free to a good and loving home
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Hi Dee , that is such a shame

Can I suggest you contact your nearest Staff rescue first, you will it listed on the internet.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi,
Have you contacted her breeder ?
Will they not take her back ?

Is she spayed,if not it might be an idea to get her done before rehoming so others can't use her as a breeding machine.

As Mini said it might be an idea to contact SBT Rescue,they should be able to help with rehoming if her breeder can't help.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Perhaps you should have thought of that before having your second child?

Your dog is young and I would say getting her speyed would be essential before rehoming privately so that she cannot be bred from.

You may find you have to wait some time with Breed rescue before a home is found so be prepared for that as there are many many staffies in need.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I dont really see why you cant spend a little more time adjusting and try to work in to keeping your dog, if she is well behaved etc then they do adjust to a slightly altered routine, and perhaps your partner could help with walking etc etc.

I have a 3 yr old and another on the way and have a staffie and wouldnt dream of rehoming him, yes time will be more limited when the new baby arrives but baby will go out in the buggy when dog needs a walk etc.

Its shouldnt be the first consideration to rehome her, if you love her and want to do whats best then you could at least try and accommodate her in your life a bit harder.

If she is only a year old. then you got pregnant knowing when she was just a pup, and would need walks etc etc down the line - so why get rid now?

sorry its Harsh but true.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Sorry that you feel that you have to let your dog go, but please do not advertise her 'free to a loving home' especially if she is not neutered, which she should be before she is rehomed anyway... Free to a good home, unneutered will leave her vulnerable to any numpty who wants a Staff to either use as a breeding machine, bait for dog fighting etc.. She maybe lucky but you do not know.. anyone can tell you a good story!
Also as others have advised please contact a Staff rescue, even though they are fit to burst at the moment, they maybe able to help you further..
But also and this will sound harsh, please, if you do let this 'loved' dog go, don't have another for quite a few years. Just incase you have another child.
dee3010
New Member!
Female 

27-01-2010, 01:51 PM
im sorry i dont appreicate u saying i shouldnt of had my second baby because i love my children and wouldnt change them for the world yes i did find ur comment offensive maybe i should have mentioned in my description that ive just lost my house and had to move back to flat so the fact i cant get a toddler a new born baby double buggy and a dog up a flight of stairs 4 times if not more a day u wouldnt have left me this comment my partner does help with walking but he works a full time job as well he finishes late evening i would never have told anyone not to have a child just because they have a dog
dee3010
New Member!
Female 

27-01-2010, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=dee3010;1877009]i really need to rehome my female staffy as ive just had my second child and havent got the time to give her walks and attention she craves she is a beautiful black and white with dark blue dots 1 year old she is brilliant with children she loves long walks and lots of cuddles she is very loving dog free to a good and loving home sorry forgot to mention the other reason i have to give her up and that is i have just lost my house and had to move into a flat so i havent got a garden for her
dee3010
New Member!
Female 

27-01-2010, 02:03 PM
u r all making out i want to give her away and no im not sending her to a rescue home i want to home her and no i dont want another dog for a while its upsetting u all think i shouldnt have had my children because they r my life if i wouldnt have lost my house i wouldnt be getting rid of my dog dont u think its better for her to go to a loving home with a garden than in a flat that has no garden and relying on me to walk her when i can
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 03:19 PM
No One else has mentioned your children, only me, I work for staffie rescue - I see how many dogs come through our dogs due to a new baby in the home and it irritates me beyond belief, as if a little thought was put in prior to either having kids or having a dog then most dogs wouldnt end up in these situations.

I love my kid, and I love my dog, and for me it was a big decision to have another child, as I knew it meant that less time for the dog, but I left a age gap I knew I could cope with and I have no intentions of my dog going anywhere.

As i say i didnt expect to be popular with my comments, but I amnt interested in being popular, It angers me that dogs are so disposable in todays society, so I wont apologise for that.

Yes i can understand it will be difficult if you are now in a flat etc etc - but you didnt put that to begin with, however I still think it can be done.

Further breed rescue dont generally take dogs and put them in kennels they try and rehome direct from your home, the reason you are best to do it through a proper homing society is so that there is a proper homecheck and reference check done on whoever gets your girl, and also if she isnt already neutured they will do it prior to rehoming.

If you rehome your dog yourself - you are effectively crossing your fingers and hoping that your judgement is good and that the person isnt lying to you.

I homecheck, and assess dogs and cant tell you the stories I have been told with regards to people who come to us for dogs, if i didnt check up on them they would have dogs on face value.

I would strongly urge you to contact your local breed rescue
Dorset Staffordshire Bull Terrier Rescue
Mrs D Dennet, Broadstone, Dorset. Tel: 01202 699198

and seek their advice and find out their rehoming policy
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Have you contacted her breeder ?

This should be your first port of call.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >