View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 03:24 PM
It is very hard when a false picture of a process is presented by judicious editing and excellent PR to accept that what is being presented is false. The CM organisation presents him as a Hero, and we are conditioned to follow people like that.
It`s all a bit Emperor`s New Clothes for me - COAPE have just come out to expose the true picture which is good. But it`ll take another Guru I think to combat the GP`s view that this man is a miracle-worker.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Jackbox, you know darn well that I wasn't saying that if you follow CM, you won't get a dog with issues. I was saying that I do understand dogs and the way they work, contrary to what Ramble was suggesting (even though she's now backtracking).

Anyone can get a dog with problems, it's how you deal with the problems that counts.

As for me owning a large aggressive dog, I would only get a large dog from a puppy (if ever I get one which is unlikely because of the Chis) and with guidance from CM's ways of working with dogs, I doubt very much that I would have an aggressive dog
If you can't see the stress signals from the dogs on the CM programme I am sorry but you DON'T understand dogs.

rune
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Ahhh but you said in your previous post that you did turn the sound down CC??? I am a little confused here....
I think CC is being sarcastic Ramble

The words "taste" and "medicine" may be relevant here?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

Sorry...you've lost me now..
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-07-2009, 03:52 PM
As for me owning a large aggressive dog, I would only get a large dog from a puppy (if ever I get one which is unlikely because of the Chis) and with guidance from CM's ways of working with dogs, I doubt very much that I would have an aggressive dog
Sorry, CC that statement shows complete nativity in the understanding of how dogs can become aggressive.

Anyone can get a dog with problems, it's how you deal with the problems that counts
I agree with this, and it is how you deal with the problem that matters..

But making a statement on you doubting ever being in the position of owning an aggressive dog, if you had it from a puppy and using CM way of training... is a totally lack of understanding of canine makeup.

Nature v Nurture will come into play here and sadly nature will play a huge part in the dogs life,
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
If you can't see the stress signals from the dogs on the CM programme I am sorry but you DON'T understand dogs.

rune
Oooooooh, another expert, please, I can't even be bothered to give an in-depth reply.

There are so many "experts" on Dogsey

And so many people that don't understand dogs - IN THE EXPERTS' OPINIONS
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Sorry, CC that statement shows complete nativity in the understanding of how dogs can become aggressive.

I agree with this, and it is how you deal with the problem that matters..

But making a statement on you doubting ever being in the position of owning an aggressive dog, if you had it from a puppy and using CM way of training... is a totally lack of understanding of canine makeup.

Nature v Nurture will come into play here and sadly nature will play a huge part in the dogs life,
All of it, let's not forget, IN YOUR OPINION.

Funny that I have several dogs, from several different breeders, differing bloodlines, some I've bred myself and not a single bone of aggression between them. Mmmmmmmmmmmm complete nativity (I know you meant naivity but couldn't resist)

Guess I must be lucky or perhaps I actually do know something about dogs - fancy that - and I'm not part of the Dogsey Experts Society
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 04:36 PM
.............................................. Have a family and a life, so I'm off
Thank doG for that !
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

Moi......................sarcasm..........never:lo l:
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Still here
Page 51 of 125 « First < 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 61 101 > Last »