View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
whistlecraftgsp
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2009, 01:48 PM
We had a pup from our last litter that we bred with quite a large hernia. We were very honest with her owners when they came to pick her and paid half the amount for the operation to fix it.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Or are they more clued up than we gave credit for, eg, oh bugga I have a pup with a hernia, and bad mouth, so stud dog owner sells it on, all innocent looking for the breeder, eg no come back on the breeder, where if the breeder had sold it, she would be obliged to tell people the defects, or they could take her to the small claims court,
though the situation would be more complex now because of the third party???
I am thinking along the same lines as Shona here. Why would someone who has the pick of the litter pick one with a hernia and overshot mouth? It does seem a little strange to me, having pick of the litter should mean you pick the best surely.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Or are they more clued up than we gave credit for, eg, oh bugga I have a pup with a hernia, and bad mouth, so stud dog owner sells it on, all innocent looking for the breeder, eg no come back on the breeder, where if the breeder had sold it, she would be obliged to tell people the defects, or they could take her to the small claims court,
though the situation would be more complex now because of the third party???
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
I am thinking along the same lines as Shona here. Why would someone who has the pick of the litter pick one with a hernia and overshot mouth? It does seem a little strange to me, having pick of the litter should mean you pick the best surely.

I agree with both of you, pick of litter (which stud dog owner has) should be just that , pick of litter.

Either as you both say,. both where aware of the implactions or neither where, and both are not responsible breeders material.

pup with a hernia and overshot jaw is not hard to pick out.. any good breeder would surely see it and sell accordingly.

But regardless of either scenario , I think the onus is on the person who sold the pup to the new owners to be responsible, and it would be strange for someone to try and sell on something that is not 100% , not knowing this.

That is ofcause that the seller sold the pup to the new owner without pointing out any of the defects or implications of such.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3