Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-10-2005, 06:37 PM

Dog agility landing mats

Hi All, i am looking to buy some dog agility landing mats for when the dog comes on and off the A- frame. Everything i have seen on the internet seem to be crash landing mats. What i am looking for is the green PE mats like they use in schools which are shock absorbers but only about one inch thick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....Cheers....Ian....PS. I hope i have put this post in the right section..
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2005, 07:48 PM
I know the ones you mean as I used to have them in my primary school long time ago now There are several sites on dog agility but I've never seen those mats either. Maybe it would be worth asking around the schools as they may sell you some of their old mats cheap worth a try?
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Ian,

Have you tried looking at newitts.com they have loads of scholl equipment for sale.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Cheers for the replies. Iv'e had a look on the newitts website and theres a couple on there that might be ok. I reckon i will ask at my daughters school aswell to see where they get theirs from. I have looked at all the dog agility equipment suppliers i can find i can't believe none sell mats...Thanks again...Ian..
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2005, 01:02 AM
I think that if your dog is making contacts correctly it should not be coming off the A-frame with such impact that it would need anything to cushion its landing?
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-10-2005, 05:53 AM
Hi Shadowboxer, i think it is advisable to use a mat as the A- Frame is going to be used on a hard floor some of the time and because the weight of Dora and Bandit i think i need some sort of cushioning to take the impact of their weight even though contact is minimal......Cheers.....Ian..
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2005, 06:52 AM
Right .... very sensible Ian I was assuming that all A-frames are used on grass all the time

*writes 100 lines: "I must stop making assumptions" *
SB

PS - Ian I did not edit your post. Hit a wrong key
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Hi SB, its quite funny really as i have just bought the agility equipment and i had it delivered to my dads address as i am doing some building work at home at the moment and did not want to get it in the way. My dads garden is all paved [low maintenance] so we were going to use it there for the momemt. My dad is on holiday for 2 weeks so when he comes back he will wonder where it came from and what it is for especially as i keep telling him he needs to do some exercise and get out more lol....Cheers...Ian... PS. The next door neighbour assures me her cat loves the A- Frame lol...
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2005, 09:59 AM
ummm, probably a stupid question but you weren't planning on doing anything in the yard other than contacts with the mat were you?
Anything else would just be stupid unless you'r buying soooo much mat you can pad out a course and all possible landing taking off sites! Then it dawned on me that you'r smart enough to buy the mats so you'r savvy enough not to do that
Hazel & co.
I think the reason suppliers don't sell them is because theres no call for the extra padding - most people use the mats as targets so use the rubber car mat type you mentioned or just some carpet?
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Hi Kickstartkelpies, I'm afraid you have lost me a bit with your reply. The idea of impact mats is to stop any damage to the dogs as they come off the A-frame as it will sometimes but set up on its own on hard flooring. I had no intention of padding out a whole agility course if that is what you mean. Regards targets the A-frame has different coloured painted areas at the base of the ramp that the dog has to make contact with rather than just jump off so this is the target area....Cheers...Ian..
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >