Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 09:12 AM

Raw feeders - how often do you feed?

Because I feed twice a day and a couple of mine regularly turn their noses at up at one of the meals?
I`m considering cutting it down to one because I don`t want to encourage pickiness.
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Twice a day here, although the two pups I've got here were on three meals, I recently cut them down to two as the cocker pup wasn't as interested in his third meal. He's just under six months old, so it was about time in any case.

Mine get mainly tripe for breakfast, with veggies and any left overs, and then a raw meaty bone or two for their second meal. Once a week they sometimes get cooked liver, or I sometimes put it in their tripe throughout the week, and I occasionally do the same with raw heart.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Twice a day here too, but if they only wanted one and looked good on it, then they would get one. It's always better that they are looking forward to dinner time.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Twice a day here. Chicken carcase in the morning and various mince, tripe and wholemeal biscuit in the evening, around 6 / 7 ish. If anyone gets picky I cut down on the evening dinner, but not cut it out altogether, just the amount.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Twice a day, unless they get a large meaty bone or a rabbit, in which case it's just one in the morning. Not had them turn down a meal yet but they're both very foody and would probably eat until they burst anyway
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Jake is fed twice a day, and doesnt turn his nose up at the second meal (unless it is lung... he seems to have gone right off that ). He is greedy though, so i doubt he would ever turn his nose up at something he likes.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Twice a day here too and all 3 dogs love their grub so a meal is never turned down!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Just the once for mine. they are so little and need such small amounts of food that twice a day ment they couldnt get any decent sized rmb's
also Ben had stopped eating till after his last walk when on kibble anyway so I just kept it that way
and my friends fussy eating dog wh stayed for a month last year became a major foody on my pairs routine
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Because I feed twice a day and a couple of mine regularly turn their noses at up at one of the meals?
I`m considering cutting it down to one because I don`t want to encourage pickiness.
I started with two but since he moved onto chicken which I assume is a little below his tastes now he is fed once a day, that way he is hungry enough to eat most of it. I think we will not be ordering chiken again for quite a while.

Even when he was fed twice a day, there would come a point where he may not eat for a day and that was fine. Some people fast their dogs once a week but I don't. I just think I might as well let him fast when the times appropriate for him, then he will eat fine again...
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-11-2010, 10:32 PM
We're half raw currently, kibble in morning and meat in evening-Teg always lets me know if he hasn't had his dinner
Try cutting them down and see, it might just suit your dogs better.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >