Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Ohh, Helena!
That brought tears to my eyes and goosebumps to my skin!
I believe you did bring something home with you, and your Mum is letting you know she's still with you
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I know, Dave's gone a bit strange now one me, he came and asked me what it means coz he doesn't know anything about spirits and stuff, he has only ever laughed about it! It was so spooky, that it was the same time I walked out of the kitchen and my skin went like that too, and the candle went out in the dining room where I normally sit, no windows open,nothing, and that candle has been lit every single night and never gone out before and anyway, there's not a leaf blowing outside, it's just dark and quiet and very still out there! Even if I HAD of opened the front door like he thinks I did, no breeze would have come in coz there just isn't any!

I'm gonna be lying awake upstairs tonight now when I turn off the lights coz mum's stuff has been put in the next room, and I'm now in HER old room! Oh bladdy hell, this is so spooky!!!! I shall take it as a sign and not worry about it, coz I did tell her to let me know she arrived safely and if all I told her was true, coz just like Dave, she was a big sceptic about stuff like that and just laughed when I spoke to her about it.

It's strange too, that we just happened to go over to her care home for her bits, I looked at the clock in the car, and I turned to Dave and said "look at the time, it's the exact same time we drove up this road last week on the same day, Saturday, to go to mum's when we got that bad news" that's spooky in itself when we had all bladdy week to go over there isn't it!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2009, 09:35 PM
I was told by a medium once that when you get tingly like that it's your relative giving you a hug (in my case it was my grandad). Now every time I get it I say Hi to him.

I think your Mum is just letting you and Dave know she's there. When my father in law passed, my stepdaughter swears she saw him sitting on the end of her bed that night, and he was just smiling at her. Told her that was Sandy letting her know he's there. This is similar.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
I was told by a medium once that when you get tingly like that it's your relative giving you a hug (in my case it was my grandad). Now every time I get it I say Hi to him.

I think your Mum is just letting you and Dave know she's there. When my father in law passed, my stepdaughter swears she saw him sitting on the end of her bed that night, and he was just smiling at her. Told her that was Sandy letting her know he's there. This is similar.
Well that's comforting to know, at least I know I'm still doing the right thing by her then! I've heard lots of people saying about the relative standing/sitting at the bottom of the bed, but sadly that hasn't happened for me.

Well, the inevitable happened with Dave last night. He said he was dreaming that somebody was stroking his ear, and as he turned to that side, he saw a black shadow race down the wall, so he called out, leaped out of bed, and kicked it!!! Zena went rushing in to his room, and in fact, he actually woke me up (I was upstairs) when I heard his yell!! Then, he said the outside security light came on, but not for the normal 3 minutes that it would normally do, it only came on for 10 seconds and the end of his room was all lit up, but there was nothing there. He really doesn't believe in any of this, so he said he must have been dreaming, but then I heard that yell and I heard Zena going in his room, but he said he was definitely awake when he leaped out of the bed and kicked out at the shadow! Well, if it was my mum, I hope he didn't hurt her!!!!

Why isn't she coming to me then, why Dave, but then again, she did give me a hug though didn't she if what that medium told you is true, I will treasure that forever now.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Coo! Just read what's been happening since.
Hugs to you and Dave, H - I'm sure everything will be tickety boo. Your mum loved you too much for it to be otherwise xx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
We that's comforting to know, at least I know I'm still doing the right thing by her then! I've heard lots of people saying about the relative standing/sitting at the bottom of the bed, but sadly that hasn't happened for me.

Well, the inevitable happened with Dave last night. He said he was dreaming that somebody was stroking his ear, and as he turned to that side, he saw a black shadow race down the wall, so he called out, leaped out of bed, and kicked it!!! Zena went rushing in to his room, and in fact, he actually woke me up (I was upstairs) when I heard his yell!! Then, he said the outside security light came on, but not for the normal 3 minutes that it would normally do, it only came on for 10 seconds and the end of his room was all lit up, but there was nothing there. He really doesn't believe in any of this, so he said he must have been dreaming, but then I heard that yell and I heard Zena going in his room, but he said he was definitely awake when he leaped out of the bed and kicked out at the shadow! Well, if it was my mum, I hope he didn't hurt her!!!!

Why isn't she coming to me then, why Dave, but then again, she did give me a hug though didn't she if what that medium told you is true, I will treasure that forever now.
She's always going to be around you, that's the thing. No matter what or where you go, Mum will always be there. So don't worry yourself on that score.

As for Dave, wow, that was scary, I think I would have yelled too! She's probably just letting him know she's around and to look after you or she'll skelp him round the lug?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Coo! Just read what's been happening since.
Hugs to you and Dave, H - I'm sure everything will be tickety boo. Your mum loved you too much for it to be otherwise xx
Thanks Pat, and yes, there's always a happening in this house that's for sure!!! xxxx

Originally Posted by lore View Post
She's always going to be around you, that's the thing. No matter what or where you go, Mum will always be there. So don't worry yourself on that score.

As for Dave, wow, that was scary, I think I would have yelled too! She's probably just letting him know she's around and to look after you or she'll skelp him round the lug?
No, she was just telling him that it's all over now, he can have his wife back, and between you and me, I think she's always wanted to stroke his ears!!!!! I remember when we had her back last year after her hip operation, and she promised Dave, that the minute she got too much for me, even with the carers I had coming in daily to help me out, then she would go into a home, she made him that promise coz of course, he was quite worried about all the stress and strain I was under taking good care of her, so I think she just wanted to let him know, everything's gonna be alright now! Well, I hope it is!!!! xxxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Tell Dave its ok, me and dad were the most skeptical people in the world. Then when my mum died loads of weird little things happened, stuff like we came home from being to see her about a wk after she died, and all the tvs in the house all got stuck on the programmes she used to watch every Sunday night, most annoying as I always hated her choice in Sunday night TV.

But the weirdest was when I was asleep one night and I dreamt someone was holding my hand, I woke up stirring saying "I love you too" outloud and saw a shadow leaving the room. At the same time dad went downstairs to wake mum up from the sofa (she had a hernia and couldn't sleep in a bed in the end) because he was convinced that she was still there, course he put the light on in the lounge and sobbed as she was of course not there. But he was adamant that she was.

As time went on things stopped happening, until after I married Tracy, we were in the living room one day, and Tracy was smoking - my mum didn't like smoking in the living room, and she liked Tracy even less, when I saw a shadow walk past the door frame in the hall and the smell of the funeral home hit me like a tonne of bricks....that meant mum was angry....we went out pretty quickly, and me and Tracy ended soon after, I think it was mum telling me she was up to no good lol!

She still pops by, turns my computer on does things like that, I can always tell when she's near me. Usually if I'm sad about something she just swings by

Don't underestimate what you're feeling. She's making sure ur ok without her. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Sounds like I'd better get used to it then Lorna, so I will be keeping a special eye out from now. Of course, where Dave felt the breeze go past him last night sitting on his chair, mum would have walked past him like that to sit in HER chair right next to him and it's still there of course, so it's a nice feeling knowing she just popped by to sit and watch her favourite programme with us.

Strange about those lights coming on too, because they are actually on the other side of our big driveway gates, and because there's no streetlighting whatsoever in this village, if somebody walks or drives past our gates up the side road, then they will come on, but not at 3.00 am. in the morning they don't!!!! Cats and suchlike have never set them off before because of the way they're set, a bit higher up for that very reason, and also the fact that they ONLY came on for those 10 seconds or so, just to light up his room at the back, and not their usual 3 minutes!

I am going to light that candle again tonight in the dining room as I have been doing every night since she passed, and if it goes out again, I'll be taking a good look around everywhere else! I'm getting quite excited now, I wonder what we'll have next, poor Dave, I don't understand why it is him though and not me, and he doesn't even believe in all this! She always did things the wrong way round in life, so it's hardly surprising, bless her.

You're right Lorna, your dear mum is always, always with you, just that you can't see her anymore and look what she's done for you already, steering you on the right track to get where you are now and that can't be bad can it! I hope I get the same, which I'm sure I will xxxx
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I believe they are always with you, just me? Nah I expect there a few that feel the same............
My Dad passed away when I was 6yrs old, my Family with best intentions shielded me from it all, but one day as I played at the bottom of the stairs I glanced up & I saw my Day as plain as anything he just looked down at me & smiled - I will never forget that.

I am glad that you saw your Mum, it is strange to see them just laying there, but a comfort in a way - sounds stupid now I have written it............

You are in my thoughts xx
Page 17 of 27 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »