View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Joe is the better singer of the two but I do not feel he had the 'X Factor' , he was just missing that something special, IMO, but he seems like a lovely lad and Olly seems a lovely bloke and he is a great entertainer, I hope they both have great futures ahead of them.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

14-12-2009, 11:58 AM
For those who don't like the choice of song for the Christmas #1 attempt, the alternative is the protest Rage Against The Machine song. http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musi...-christmas-no1
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by rich c View Post
For those who don't like the choice of song for the Christmas #1 attempt, the alternative is the protest Rage Against The Machine song. http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musi...-christmas-no1
They were talking about this song on the news tonight, it showed Simon Cowell being interviewed about it, he wasn't very impressed with what they were trying to do. I hope Joe makes it to number one.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I just hope that Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole don't ruin Joe. Simon wants him to do Disney in Hollywood and Cheryl Cole wants to make records with him, that's all he needs

It would be nice if Joe just made albums on his own in this country. I particularly liked that song "Open Arms" he sang.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2009, 09:59 PM
I'd much rather Joe got to number 1 with his xmas song, than some shouty band singing " f*** you, I wont do what you tell me", and the last words of "motherF******"

this coming from someone who does swear!

I understand people are protesting about Simon Cowell owning the music charts, but really come on.. the protesters could have picked a much nicer song to compete against...
This is the Christmas number 1 we are talking about, and I dont think it is at all in the Christmas spirit.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
I'd much rather Joe got to number 1 with his xmas song, than some shouty band singing " f*** you, I wont do what you tell me", and the last words of "motherF******"

this coming from someone who does swear!

I understand people are protesting about Simon Cowell owning the music charts, but really come on.. the protesters could have picked a much nicer song to compete against...
This is the Christmas number 1 we are talking about, and I dont think it is at all in the Christmas spirit.
No way!

its the perfect choice!

after all, its called "killing in the name of" and about crosses.

couldnt get anymore on-topic than that, compared to some bland karaoke anyway!

fantastic tune first time around, even better now!

definitely one of the all time greats!
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-12-2009, 08:49 AM
I tend to agree the choice of alternative Xmas no.1 was a bit odd. It'd get much more sales if it appealed to the 'mainstream'. Personally, I'd have chosen Stiff Little Fingers - White Christmas. However, I can see not appealing to the mainstream may have been exactly the point. The song has got a lot of support from people not into pop/chart stuff so it just goes to show that Simon Cowell's manufactured tat is beginning to wear very thin with a LOT of people!

BTW, I think that Joe fella has got a reasonable voice & the best singer won the final. Just a shame his talent is going to be directed toward producing awful, cheesy, marketed stuff rather than something with merit.

So, GO RATM!!! Fork Cowell I won't do what he tells me!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2009, 11:40 PM
I went into my local HMV on Wednesday to buy Joe's single, I couldn't see it in the store so I asked behind the counter. The guy got me a copy, then explained that they'd had quite a few people in the store complaining about Joe winning, so they took all the stock of the shop floor and put it behind the counter. They were only selling Joe's CD to people who asked for it!

I think it's a great song, I didn't buy it for me though, I got it for my daughter x
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-12-2009, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by rich c View Post
I tend to agree the choice of alternative Xmas no.1 was a bit odd. It'd get much more sales if it appealed to the 'mainstream'. Personally, I'd have chosen Stiff Little Fingers - White Christmas.
That's a great track.

I happen to like Rage Against the Machine and saw them many times but regardless of who it is - I would love to see (but it won't happen) a song such as this knock Simon's empire a bit sideways as i hate the whole manufactured scene.

Killing in the name of - is far more suited to the 'peace' of Christams regardless of your political views or opinions of occupation in the East than some money making manufactured dross.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
That's a great track.

I happen to like Rage Against the Machine and saw them many times but regardless of who it is - I would love to see (but it won't happen) a song such as this knock Simon's empire a bit sideways as i hate the whole manufactured scene.

Killing in the name of - is far more suited to the 'peace' of Christams regardless of your political views or opinions of occupation in the East than some money making manufactured dross.
Doesn't Cowell own RATM's record label, Sony????
Page 26 of 29 « First < 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 >