View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 07:41 PM
I bought a little plastic tick-remover from our local vets, it was cheap as chips and works a treat
Schnauzerbabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2008, 07:50 PM
Lexi had a tick last year we noticed it the day we got back from Scotland I Frontlined her and it dropped off the next morning I took her to the vet just to make sure it was OK as I had ,had no dealings with these before and the vet gave her a course of Anti-biotics as a precation (it located itself on her eyebrow) I did read up on Advantix and it didn't sound very safe to me especially to cats...
Sue
Dee Buzby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Glad all is well now. Here in Belgium we seem to get more than our share of ticks! I'm now obsessive about checking our pup all over every time we've been out, and even when he comes in from the garden - he has been known to pick one up even after a quick trip outside for the toilet! AND he's frontlined! The Frontline doesn't seem to prevent them attaching, but they do drop off eventually (3 days ish) but even then, they do inflate a bit first. Still a worry.It's quite easy to see them before they attach (unless you have a black dog!), and I've often found 2 or 3 even during a walk. When he does gets one now I use the remover that's shaped like a sewing machine foot. There's a link on one of the earlier posts which does a video which shows you how easy it is to use (IF you have a dog who will stand still for 2 minutes!). Good luck in future.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Dee Buzby View Post
There's a link on one of the earlier posts which does a video which shows you how easy it is to use
I don't have that one so I might order one and see how I get on with it, some of the others I've not had much success with.
Dee Buzby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-06-2008, 07:55 PM
You'll see the tick remover I use on www.otom.com, and you can see the video. As long as your dog stays still while you slide the thing in place, the removal is very quick!
Goos luck!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks Dee - I will order one tomorrow and in due course let you and everyone how I get on with it. I don't think Belgium can be as bad as Czechland for ticks
DavidHernandez
New Member!
Male 

12-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Tick twister is the easiest way for removing all ticks.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2016, 09:38 AM
ebay have various ones that are really cheap.
Tailwaggers
New Member!
Female 

23-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Coconut oil is a great way to keep ticks and fleas at bay. It also helps soothe itchy flaky skin.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3