Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Well done!! Have you got the bug now??
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 10:16 PM
It's lovely that you will all grow and learn together in the ring, dont worry about Riley he will continually grow in body then legs then body and so on, remember we were all teenagers once. I think dogs handle it better than we do.
Once Wednesday is over you will be kickin' ass all over the place come the weekend. Enjoy the experience and use every moment as a learning curve.
Good Luck Jessica! Meg & Riley will be fine, its us that have the nerves.
Regards, from Laura x
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 10:23 PM
well done thats great .......
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Well Done
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks everyone!

Im really looking forward to the champ shows we've got lined up (about 5 i think over the next couple of months! ). It'll be nice to have them in a class against other labs. If im completely honest i dont expect them to win anything, which probably seems a waste of a lot of money lol But im just curious to see how they'll both do against other labs! We think they're both gorgeous, but other people like different things, so we'll see what happens!

It doesn't bother me at all if neither of them make it as show dogs. Its fun, and nice to be able to do it, but they're both mainly pets! That probably doesn't help with the showing as they're probably too 'cuddly' to be show dogs! I know one lab person was saying that she doesn't have hers in the house as they become too used to being spoilt which isn't good for show dogs.. But i'd rather have my happy, cuddly little babies anyway! They're great fun! Besides, the judges seem to think they're cute!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2005, 01:05 PM
None of us expect to win, we just hope and may be a few day dream, talking of the average exhibitor there are those who expect . But it is best if you can manage it to look as if you expect to win, it helps give the judge confidence if they like your dog to may be move you up a place
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2005, 02:46 PM
LOL Jackie...we hope and daydream...occasionally dare to hope...but NEVER expect.
I have entered a champ show where the judge who is judging elkhounds has previously given one of mine RBIS and also has commented how much he liked one of my others....dare I be confident NOOOOO!!!! He will probably have completely forgotten my boys and throw them out
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2005, 04:53 PM
she doesn't have hers in the house as they become too used to being spoilt which isn't good for show dogs
don't tell my lot!

Gill
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2005, 05:42 PM
I know one lab person was saying that she doesn't have hers in the house as they become too used to being spoilt which isn't good for show dogs.
Not at all sure I would agree with that and I know the hounds would not, no pleasure in shoving your dogs in kennels and only taking them out to groom or go to a show. Knowing a little bit about Labs I would think they would be so excited if that was the only time they went out they would be uncontrollable.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2