Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
I agree I don't think some of the replies here have been very fair to the starter of this thread
i agree
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
I think a lot of you are being unfair to the thread starter.

If someone hit my dog i would hunt them down till i got their name and address and i would report them to the police and press charges against them!

If that didnt work I would get my revenge somehow believe me!!
Totally agree with this, my sentiments entirely.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I would not waste your time reporting this. I guarentee that nothing will come of it. Unless a dog bites a person, the police are not interested.

It is sad that there are so many horrible people out there. I call my dogs back to me if I see someone coming for this very reason. My dogs are friendly and I trust them completely, but other people don't know that. If you don't own dogs, and don't know any dogs personally, I can see why you might be weary of them. The media is partly at fault for the this hysteria, but the real blame falls on the idiots who can't control their dogs, let them run loose, aggress others, etc. Just this morning my dogs were snarled at by an aggressive dog on a lead coming around the corner in a popular off-lead area...had it not have been on a lead I have no doubt that it would have attacked. GREAT place to walk a very dog aggressive dog, huh? a place where 95% of dogs are off lead.
Then on the way back we were charged by three off lead Cocker Spaniels who were snarling and snapping - on our own street! we have so many encouters with nasty, uncontrollable dogs, it doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture to non-dog lovers, does it?
I would report it, even though i don't think anything would be done, i think people should report things they find unacceptable.

However, saying that, In my position I wouldn't report it as Tonks is a very large SBTish and i feel it would be more likely to get me into trouble and draw attention to her rather than do any good.
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I would not waste your time reporting this. I guarentee that nothing will come of it. Unless a dog bites a person, the police are not interested.

It is sad that there are so many horrible people out there. I call my dogs back to me if I see someone coming for this very reason. My dogs are friendly and I trust them completely, but other people don't know that. If you don't own dogs, and don't know any dogs personally, I can see why you might be weary of them. The media is partly at fault for the this hysteria, but the real blame falls on the idiots who can't control their dogs, let them run loose, aggress others, etc. Just this morning my dogs were snarled at by an aggressive dog on a lead coming around the corner in a popular off-lead area...had it not have been on a lead I have no doubt that it would have attacked. GREAT place to walk a very dog aggressive dog, huh? a place where 95% of dogs are off lead.
Then on the way back we were charged by three off lead Cocker Spaniels who were snarling and snapping - on our own street! we have so many encouters with nasty, uncontrollable dogs, it doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture to non-dog lovers, does it?
you wolud think her dog had bit someone
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by flow-wolf View Post
Just got back from one of our daily walks ( school run ),decided to go through the local park,where it was quiet an no one around,so could take Flow off the lead,here she was having a whale of a time running around,chasing birds etc... when a few mins later,3 people come walking down the path...Flow wasnt fazed for a minute an took no notice,then she set off towards them...to get to the other side of the field.

Me thinking she was gonna jump all over them,but didnt,she slightly brushed against this tall woman's leg,no harm done.
The woman got hold of Flow an whacked her one around the head,even I dont smack her like that,but she gave her a punch,saw what she do an shouted ' Oi '!

I was fuming,an she gave me a torrent of abuse,definately foreigners but not the point.

What would you have done?

I would have recalled the dog before it got to them and save the problem from occurring.

Foreign or not, some people simply do not want a dog bounding across a field to 'do whatever the dogs wants to them because the owner is too far away to do anything to help'.

Im not saying that hitting the dog was the nicest of things to do, but you know what? When the same thing has happened to me, I came out with the same fight reaction too, knowing that I cant outrun a dog.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:39 PM
I would have cracked up the woman would be sporting a black eye or missing tooth... sorry but I just would have gone mental. {If there was someone there to hold my dog.. If not I would have likely ran back put him in the car then took off up the field to find her and give her a right good slapping... I would have slapped the max factor right off her face

never hit my dog or my son one and the same really... dont hit what belongs to me.. or I will hit you ten times harder..
hugs to you and flow xx
exanthematcus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:39 PM
i'm sorry but i would've belted her, if anyone hurt any of my animals i'd smack 'em. someone called xero ugly once so i called them fat. they were enormous and could'nt believe i called them fat. i told them 'truth hurts don't it'
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:40 PM
I would have recalled the dog before it got to them and save the problem from occurring.
in an ideal world.. yes.. but the point is.. these people clearly over reacted to what the dog did...

im not sure my rotties would take that from a stranger very well.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't think anyone is being unfair.....No-one has suggested that the dog deserved to be hit or is in anyway condoning the behaviour of the person. She asked what people would do and they have replied -
I think people are confused as to how (if a dog is running past someone) she managed to hit it and also that is the very anti dog climate at the moment and the laws being against dogs in so many ways we just need to be extra careful....I certainly do not put my dogs on a lead everytime I see someon - but I am always extremely careful when I see people a) without dogs b) with small dogs or c) who grab thier dogs at the sight of mine. I donl;t want to put my dogs back on the lead so I teach an instant down - the dogs will drop and stay thier till they are told to move -hence they are percived as undercontrol...

- as much as its a horrid situation and I feel sorry for what happened - I don't feel that everyone should have to deal with dogs invading thier personal space.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 01:42 PM
you wolud think her dog had bit someone
Hitting a dog is inexcusable, but people have to except that there are nasty, horrible people out there who really do not like dogs. Therefore it is not wise to let any dog approach somone unless the body language of the person is telling you otherwise. I guess that may seem a little extreme, but my dogs safety is priority. I just don't trust people BECAUSE of stories like this.
Page 5 of 21 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »