Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 06:16 AM

Blackbird fledglings in my garden

I have a quandry,

There are two fledglings in my garden, mum is back and forth feeding etc, so I know they are ok. Thing is, this is the only place that Ben & Poppy wee and poop.

Poppy at this min is sitting by the door fascinated watching the little'uns hop around the patio. I have let the dogs out but they are very inquisitive

How long do you think they will be there before they fly? they have been there since yesterday. I know I'm not to touch them and to leave them alone, but what about the dogs?????

They are lovely to watch, but am terrified of neighbours cats... and these two...Oh dear wish I not seen them now I get so worried about things like this.

xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Oooh Elaine I would worry too and I really don't know what the answer is.
It's a bit mean to keep Ben and Poppy on lead to wee and anyway that doen't solve the neighbours cats.
I hope they fly off somewhere safe soon.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 08:21 AM
I think it takes a few days. Goodluck.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Oooh Elaine I would worry too and I really don't know what the answer is.
It's a bit mean to keep Ben and Poppy on lead to wee and anyway that doen't solve the neighbours cats.
I hope they fly off somewhere safe soon.
I know Pat, am like a mother hen

xx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I think it takes a few days. Goodluck.

thanks Nes
x
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 04:27 PM
How did they do?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
How did they do?
They moved, well I moved them to next door's garden, she don't have two mad border collies running in and out!!!. They were still there last night. Funny thing is there must have been about 6 adults fussing about last night up until about 11pm I did go out a few times in case there was a cat about but couldn't see anything.

All quiet today, so hopefully they have flown

x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Now you know what I had to go through with mine then. It's such a worry isn't it, but I'm so glad you managed to move them all next door where, hopefully, they'll be safe and mum and dad know they're there of course.

As you know, my story didn't have a very happy ending, it involved that sparrowhawk, and then the final one was found underneath the bbq on the decking, hiding, but....... Sometimes I don't like nature very much

Keep 'em peeled then matey and let us know.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Now you know what I had to go through with mine then. It's such a worry isn't it, but I'm so glad you managed to move them all next door where, hopefully, they'll be safe and mum and dad know they're there of course.

As you know, my story didn't have a very happy ending, it involved that sparrowhawk, and then the final one was found underneath the bbq on the decking, hiding, but....... Sometimes I don't like nature very much

Keep 'em peeled then matey and let us know.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well all quiet atm, not a dicky bird out of any of them, mum & dad seem to have gone too, so fingers crossed they have finally flown.

I know what you mean mate, nature can be cruel, but mum & dad...and the extended family did a wonderful job.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx