Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-06-2010, 04:46 PM

Keeping single rabbits outdoors...

I lost my lovely male bunny yesterday to pneumonia. I have his companion left behind, an unspeyed female. I really can't afford another rabbit at the moment (insurance, vacs etc). Does anyone else keep single rabbits? I fully intend to get a friend for her when I have the cash but at the moment I think it's more reasonable to keep Laurel as a single bun and do what I can to keep her happy than get another rabbit which I can't afford to get vaccinated and insured. It's not great for her but I really don't know what to do!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Aww I'm sorry to hear that you lost your boy. I kept Chaz for about 3 months as a single bunny when his partner died but he was so depressed I had to find him a new wifey. How old is your girl? A rescue bun is around £40 and will come neutered and vaccinated or I recently got my guinea pigs for free from preloved. I do know a few people that keep single rabbits but as you know it not ideal. Is she a tame girl? Maybe some extra attention will keep her happier or perhaps some toys in her run to amuse her?