View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Keybeagle
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-05-2006, 05:44 PM

Help With Post Spaying -does spaying prevent seasons? (wet patch on sofa -what is it?

Hiya,

Some may already have seen my other threads about our 6 month old puppy Missy, as this is a different topic I thought I should post it here. I hope I have posted in the right forum.

Missy has just had her stitches out from her spaying and basically I have quite a few questions relating to her being spayed. My wife has only ever owned male dogs and I have never owned dogs so please excuse our lack of knowledge on this.

I am reading up about bitches being in heat etc etc.............will Missy still have seasons even though she has been spayed? To some this is probably a silly question but hey we all learn from somewhere!

I am asking because she was sat on the sofa this afternoon and there was this smell After picking her up, we realised a wet patch on the cushion and sofa. We are almost certain it wasnt wee, but then started to wonder what it could be. So that has led us here!!!

I would appreciate any advice relating to whether Missy will have seasons, discharge, anything really.

Thanks in advance
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 05:58 PM
No, Missy will not have seasons now that she has been spayed.

The discharge you describe does not sound normal at all. Missy may have an infection and you should contact your vet for further advice and treatment if necessary.

In some dogs (particularly the larger breeds), spaying can lead to incontinence but it would be rare to see it this soon.

Oh, and the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked We all have to learn from somewhere
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Totally agree, I would get this checked out at the vets as soon as possible just to make sure it isn't an infection. Don't worry if it is, the vet will be able to clear it up easily if it is.

Never be afraid to ask a question on here, nobody would think less of you for doing so and as you say how do you learn otherwise!

Welcome to the forum
Keybeagle
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the advice. It has only happened once since and that is in the space of about 2 weeks, also it wasnt as bad as before. I am wondering if she just gets abit "excited" and has abit of an accident!!!!!

I might be taking her to vets in the next couple of days so I will get it looked at.

Thanks again for the advice
shandilady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2006, 04:49 AM
Hello, A neighbor's dog still has seasons , not full ones because the vet failed to do the surgery correctly . It has been a mess. I hope she is okay. I have had several girls and never a problem.