Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 06:03 PM

Tracing Phone Numbers

I have just had 2 phone calls that I have logged the numbers of. They only let the phone ring twice before hanging up. Both were from the same area code (about 20 mile from me) but different numbers. I have tried to ring them back witholding my number but one is constantly engaged the other goes onto a BT answerphone service.
Can you tell me if there is a free site that I can put these numbers into which will give me the name and rough address these people are calling from please. As it does seem rather strange.
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

07-10-2007, 06:26 PM
This site will give you the area of the area code, but that is all, and you can look at the table on there to narrow it down using the first and second number
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Where's the link Iain, as I'd like it too!

We had a wrong number at 7am this morning, on one of the few days I get a lie in.
I feel like logging the number and ringing at 5am tomorrow when I'm up lol
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2007, 06:47 PM
You wont be able to find out the persons name or address cos of privacy laws,but theres nothing to stop you posting the number on here and letting every tom,dick and harry phone them until they've moved to another country..
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 06:54 PM
If I get something like that I google it - if it is a business it is usually on Google, otherwise at least you know the town it came from....
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 07:23 PM
I knew the town already as the code is that of the next town to ours. I just wanted to find out if this was the same person using two different phones in nearby locations.
I didn't think of google, thanks, and have now googled them and found out where one of them was from at least.
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

07-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Sorry I'm a twit, here's the link

http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/section/tci/locator.shtml