View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 12:07 PM
I think having different ages of dogs helps keep the oldies young .
I have two oldies and three young ones and the oldies are definately livened up by the youngsters .
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
all my 'oldies' act young... thats 3 sibes and a wsd.. ive been told my dogs are mad coz i am
Sounds familiar Thanks for all your replies and stories
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 04:26 PM
I know a wee dog (JRTx) who is about 20/21 and he is amazing for his age! He tends to plod around, but thats to be expected at that age, and in the house he sleeps a lot. but he can still walk far, enjoys his walks and has his wee mental zoomies in the park He was running around playing with Jake today! He is going deaf though, and his eyesight is gradually getting worse, so i think those are affecting him more than his age itself.

I also know a 12 year old Golden Retriever, who enjoys her walks but her back end is going a bit now so just walks along slowly (although, she occassional does a fast, almost trot but that is getting less now) and takes her own short cuts around the park to walk less.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Marius is particularly young-at-heart and is often quite puppy-ish in his antics! He is four next month and sometimes Lola acts more adult than he does!

I love it though, he's a big goof
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2010, 04:32 PM
my old GSP stayed youthful well into old age she died just short of her 16th birthday and enjoyed her walks right up until the day before she died.

3 of my sibes will be in double figures soon(one is already 10yrs) and theyre all still playful and bouncy and still running in harness
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2