Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2016, 07:59 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, March 16

Good morning everyone,

Harvey do hope you are feeling better this morning and Casey's appointment at the vet goes well too.

Griff, Hope you are also feeling better too and your mum hears soon about her appointment with the hospital.

Lynn, what a worry for you. It must be difficult with Mark saying don't say too much but having said that it is Joel who is at risk and as you have said he only has the one schooling at his age. I do hope you get some answers, I fully understand where you are coming from. I can remember having to come home from work pick up Steve and take him back to school and tell them in no uncertain terms he is there to learn, teach him and don't let him walk out again. I only had to do that once! He was about Joel's age at that time.

1cd, hope you are warmer today.

June, I frustrate about the things that need doing about this flat but at least I am not the owner. So if they don't get done, they don't get done anymore. I used to repair taps and ballcocks and all sorts of problems, not any more since she never paid me for all the redecoration I did. She promised me a new kitchen three years ago and has had two lots of contractors out to give estimates but all she does is put the rent up once they have visited and then we hear no more. The brick boundary wall has subsided and cracked from bottom to top that has been like it for about 4 years and she is well aware. The fence between us and the neighbour is no more the cats from the neighbourhood keep climbing up and down it and so it has finally decayed. The garden shed fell apart about 10 years ago and I replaced it. I have been here 20 years and she has never had to wait for her rent but does she care? Not a hoot. Sorry, too much information!

Hope Nippy Jen and Mandy and all our other sufferers are coping today. Take care all, Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.

Moyra that is disgusting the way the landlady treats you.
Harvey glad Casey is improving and good luck at the vet today.
Hope everyone else is well.

Wonder if I will get a phone call today from this welfare woman ? Or just an email explaining they can do nothing am hoping for some clues about who to contact who might be able to help. I did ask that question.
Gorden says the same as Mark I took the matter of fact comment totally the wrong way. Too late now email gone not a nasty email but a to the point and again letting them know in my eyes Joel is being let down by the people who are meant to be helping.
Might hear from Mark too today if she gets in touch to let him know I have contacted her again.
Might try to start some seeds off in the greenhouse today.
Better get ready to take Dillon out.

Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2016, 09:11 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

That is not a good landlord Moyra, if things need doing they should do them. She is obviously in it for the money and no thought for her tennant

Don't worry Lynn about your e-mail you only did what you thought best. Hopefully someone with a bit of sense will see how worried you and Mark are. Its a pity Mark isn't in the position to take him. Good luck with the seeds I will be doing the same within the next few days.

Was lovely and sunny but that has now changed. Typical as the bedding is in the washer. Off out in the garden shortly to bury the plants I bought.

Have a god day and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Good morning all.
Bad day yesterday, I'm still really suffering. I suppose I will feel better one day.
Lynn I need to go back and find out what has been happening, whatever it is I hope it gets sorted out. I hope to get some seeds started today too.
The weather has clouded over here too Sue and it looks quite miserable. Oh well can't expect 2 days the same can we
Today is Kylas 4th birthday can you believe that? So fun and games later then
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2016, 09:51 AM
Like you Jenny, I get fed up with feeling unwell as I am sure Griff and a few others of us do. At least we can commiserate with each other.

Bit worried about this new desease that has reared it ugly head in Harlow, from Ticks. Must Advocate Amber today but not sure that stops ticks, I have got frontline as well so may use both as I believe frontline does stop ticks.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2016, 10:08 AM
I think the Council can force the landlord to make necessary repairs and you can challenge rent increases if the landlord is not maintaining the property. Am really hoping you can get yourself in sheltered accommodation, Moyra. Are you on their books still.
It is very grey and cold here, but still thankful there is no rain.
Nippy it does seem to take ages for things to get right when you've had a fall,just keep warm and get some sleep, even if its naps during the day as it does help the body heal.
Had to laugh at Barry's reasoning as to why it was Necessary for him to bring the clutter into the kitchen. Now he knows Windows 10 isn't worth bothering with as it makes a mess of everything else, he will leave the kitchen alone and you can have some peace.
Going to get the girls out in an hour, everything is really drying out and it will be nice not to have to ankle deep in mud.
I think Casey is on the right road now, Harvey. Just you take care of yourself now.
Griff did you get the blood tests, are you any the wiser.
Went really tired last night, had a soak and went to bed and just went clunk and didn't wake up till a lot later than usual.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2016, 10:16 AM
Morning Sue, Nippy Jen and June.
Happy birthday Kyla 4 already.
Might be changing my mind about being down the greenhouse today it's dry but breezy and very cold. If it cheers up a bit I might change my mind.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2016, 10:19 AM
Forgot to say Happy Birthday to Kyla, Norty me
Hope you have a lovely party, Nippy
Are you feeling a bit better today Lynn
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2016, 11:20 AM
Happy Birthday Kyla
Nippy, hope you can get yourself sorted out, as others have said just take it easy...what gets done gets done and what doesn't well it will do another day!
Mora, i don't blame you for not spending anymore money on a place that isn't yours...especially if you aren't reimbursed for what you have done
Lynn, i am sure the woman won't be bothered by your email and would hope she sees it for what it is.... concern for the welfare of a young man
TW, i did get the blood results...still all over the place, my monocyte count had gone up so i could be getting ready for a flare up...i did actually get some sleep though last night!!!!!!!!
Sue, hope the burying of plants goes well and the sun pops out again for you
right, best go feed the cat as he is shooting daggers at me!!
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Bit damp and chilly today but no rain so that's good. Had to open window and turn down heating cos it was too warm lol Moira if you are renting privately could you not look for somewhere else or is the thought of moving too much for you. I've been very lucky with all my landlords.

Lynn keeping fingers crossed that someone somewhere will do something to help Joel. Happy birthday to Kyla and hope you feel better soon Nippy. Griff glad you got some sleep last night. Sue will you please sit down, you make me feel exhausted TW hope you feel better for your longer sleep.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >