Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 02:01 PM

Meg is getting old

She seems to be slowing down and is looking quite old,she will be 5 in june,she is also getting quite a few grey hairs around her chin

She used to do everything at full speed,but apart from eating she has slowed down a fair bit,she tends to plod and trot about now instead of racing around like a looney
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 02:05 PM
mine to, but i do kind of like it as it was hard keeping up with her before. It also has perks like snuggles - never got them before but now we spend alot of time snuggled up togther on the sofa watching the tv
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2011, 02:09 PM
I know what you mean, when Cookie was diagnosed with arthritis I was shocked! He was only 6, and he is 7 now. He still runs around like a loon, he's been nicknamed racehorse by a friend as he gallops past. But he only does it in short bursts, where as he used to run round us in circles. He sleeps most of the day, but is still lots of fun on an evening, and he's got a grey patch at the end of his muzzle. But he is still my baby boy and I'm doing what ever I can think of to keep him going for as long as possible.
The worse thing about getting old is all these lumps he's got growing. I keep insisting they test them all as I lost my last dog to cancer and don't want to go through that again.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Millie is 9 this year

leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Sonny is ten in August this year

SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2011, 02:24 PM
I love Millie's grey/white eyebrows. People always told me typical dogs mature when they are 1 1/2 to 3 depending on breed but staffies never do. Gotta admit I agree with that. Everyone is shocked when I say Cookie is 7, or that he has arthritis, but guess that's because no one has told Cookie of these two facts.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 02:27 PM
The eyebrows are alittle more obvious now. She is still queen of the house though.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Gorgeous dogs Chris

Tyler is still very much a nutcase and still does everything at 100mph

Meg has always been calm and placid(apart from when around other dogs) but seems to have slowed and oh boy she is taking advantage too,she would never get on the sofa's uninvited,always used to do with the floor or lie on the hearth but the past few days she has been jumping on where I usually sit,she then curls up and goes to sleep

I don't bother because when asked to get off she will with no problem
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Sonny the red one has slowed down a bit and he has had some stomach problems recently, he still has mad bursts they just don't last too long.

Millie forget and comes running in the house through the back door and trips over the step.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-06-2011, 04:10 PM
It creeps up on you, dont you think.

We always thought of Millie as still young, (Bandit being the old man) but she is 8 1/2 , and suddenly seems to be getting old, she has to have a little help to get into the car now, she is not as agile as she once was and is not as active .

Bless them , age sadly comes to us all,
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >