View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2008, 09:46 AM
I used to suffer terribly as a kid and many times just couldn't go into school until lunchtime. I usedto take piriton but had the same problem of sleepiness.

I got taken to the doctors when my mum was at the end of her tether with it after having complaints about the amount of school I was missing and he gave me a prescription for Piriton Spandits. It was a tablet that you take at bedtime so the sleepiness didn't matter I can honestly say it changed my life. I woke up clear most mornings and stayed clear.

I don't know if they still do them but they are prescription only.
BEN
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2008, 06:32 PM
i have flixonase but someone said if you put vaseline up your it works never tryed it though
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Try the Boots own brand non drowsy ones. They seem to work for us
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2008, 08:17 PM
My son suffers hayfever too and I found Tesco's own brand good, they contain loratadine which didn't make him drowsy, they might be worth a try.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 09:21 PM
I get Telfast ones on prescription - they don't make me drowsy, but everyone's different! The active ingredient is fexofenadine hydrochloride - and i think most of the ones you get over the counter are cetirizine.. maybe look at the active ingedient in the ones she's allergic to and try and find another product with a different one.. some go under different brand names but are effectively the same thing..

if still no luck I'd take her to the GP and see if he can try her on something different.. hope she finds something because it's such an annoying thing!
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 07:01 AM
I suffer badly - really dying from it at the moment - but nothing seems to help! I have tried every over the counter and prescription one going and none of them help! I've tried the vaseline trick and the local honey thing too - nothign works lol. I have just accepted that for 6-8 weeks of the year i will suffer like mad lol. It was extremely annoying at exam time though i was taking an entire box of tisses in with me lol. Needed my own bin too. The worst thing was trying to be quiet and not blow my konk really loud so i didnt disturb anyone else!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2