Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2008, 10:46 PM

Hayfever torture.(Help Needed.)

My daughter Leah suffer's hayfever and if she takes piriton she fall's asleep, she has GCSE,s coming up next week, is there anything she can take to stop the sneezing, even on the non-drowsy one's she still fall's asleep, She hasn't tried
BENADRYL and we will get some tomorrow if you all think it will work.
Thank's in advance.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2008, 11:00 PM
you can get a cream that you rub under your nose to help hayfever, Boots are giving it away at the moment with any purchase of hayfever stuff
am gonna get some and try my youngest on it as she also suffers bad
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 02:32 AM
benadryl knock me out claratin is one that doesnt make you sleepyxxxx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Sorry hun I can't help on that, Christopher suffers badly, but he can take the over the counter stuff with no side affects, all I can sugest is goint to your gp for advice
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 06:33 AM
I think there is an injection that can be given that lasts a while? Worth phoning about anyway.
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 06:52 AM
If it's a one-a-day anti-histamine, get her to take it at bedtime. I also find Flixonase nasal spray useful for controlling symptoms. It is available over the counter from any Chemist but do ask for advise on combining it with any other remedies she may be taking.

It may be worth talking to her Doctor as well...I get my anti-histamines on prescription...and he may be to offer advise on possible alternative treatments.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 08:07 AM
I get my antihist's on perscription also il be calling this morning. and buying claryitn to see if it, help's, I once got her Asda's own and she was allergic to them, they brought her out in a rash would you believe it, I gave her mine last night and holy smkes she couldn't get up this mo, but mine are old school antishist's Phernergan they knock her out.

Thank's guy's.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm on claratyn but it turns me into a zombie I've tried all sorts but nothing seems to work.
At the moment I'm really suffering seems to be worse than other years, I'm putting it down to the newspaper I'm using for the pups.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2008, 09:38 AM
oh dear! i find the piriton type dont work for me whereas the ones that contain loratadine work best on me, no drowsyness...

I really hope youo find a solution as this could really distract her during exams!

Alex
xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >