View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 09:15 AM

nothing to do with dogs.(a warning for cat owners)

just a little warning for those of use who have cats as well.

Well I dont really want to post this but it may be helpful to members with cats to prevent this happening, I got a call last night from my friend he was totally devastated, he has/had two very playful cats, he went out last evening for a few hours and when he got back only one of the cats ran up to him which was unusual he went looking around his house for the other cat and found her in the bedroom, somehow she had gotten her head caught in a partly open drawer and couldnt get out, and hung herself, she didnt survive. he is beside himslef with guilt of not closing the drawer, but how many of us leave drawers partly open when we are in a rush, it easily happens, so just to say in future even if this was a freak accident it may be best to make sure your drawers are closed completely or left open wide.

Mo
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2009, 09:25 AM
So sorry to hear about your Friends cat. Your'e right it wasn't his fault but we always blame ourselves don't we ?
Freysterdewdrop
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Oh no poor kitty and poor friend! It toatally wasnt his fault! Thank you for that i have cats and i have never thought of that.
x
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Aww how sad for your friend poor cat! Was it wearing a collar? Just one of those horrible freak accidents. I don't think the drawers in our house are ever closed properly with 3 kids! Pass on my sympathies to your friend.

Ali xx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 10:00 AM
oh no thats awful
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 10:08 AM
That's really awful for your friend and just something you woud never dream would happen.
Bagwoman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2009, 10:13 AM
My dog sleeps on my bed and one night she got her head caught inbetween the buttons that are on my duvet cover. She started twisting to get her head out and nearly strangled herself. It was her threshing around that woke me. I always have the buttons near the top end of the bed now
Freysterdewdrop
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Bagwoman View Post
My dog sleeps on my bed and one night she got her head caught inbetween the buttons that are on my duvet cover. She started twisting to get her head out and nearly strangled herself. It was her threshing around that woke me. I always have the buttons near the top end of the bed now
OMG! Frey did that! But didnt thrash! She was hanging off the end of the bed! She was hanging herself. I have press studs on all my quilt covers now.
x
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 01:09 PM
so sad its sad how people blame themselves for things like that, its natural though... just a tragic accident
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Im so sorry to hear about your friends cat. Yes your right it is easy to forget a drawer, other things too, tumbler dryers etc.,

Thanks for the warning....always good to have someone jolt your mind to these things.

Once again sympathies to your friend xxxxxx