Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2006, 02:54 PM

Trying for a baby!

My OH and I have decided to try for a baby!

The thing is I would like all your advice on supplements for trying to get pregnant and for whilst I am pregnant, are there special foods, pills, etc that help with fertility? Is there anything I should be taking to prepare my body? Is there anything to take to prevent problems arising through the birth?

The reason I am worried is cause my sister had two babies both premature, one two months early and I want to prevent things like this if I can?

As you may have guessed its my first time and I am trying to do the best I can to insure a healthy start to life.

Thank you for your help!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Aww lovely.

All I can say is dont drink, smoke & avoid fast food takeaways for the next few months You are more likely to fall pregnant!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2006, 02:59 PM
You could start taking folic acid. This can help prevent against Spina Bifida (sp).

Also do you know when you are ovulaing? This is 14 days from the first day of your cycle (the day you get your period) and you ovulate for 5 days.

After that just try to be as healthy as possible and don't worry or stress out about it. Trying is the best part

Congratulations
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Thank you both, I am so excited yet nervous and strangely scared all at the same time, it is a good feeling though, I think
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Sorry I don't have any advice, just wanted to wish you good luck
Try not to worry too much
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2006, 04:20 PM
how exciting for you i no in boots they do alot of per pregnancey suppliments , i remember folic acid but thats all and things change so much , it might be worth having a look in there
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Stay relaxed, and don't expect it to happen straight away. Eat well, rest well. The healthier you are the better chance your baby has. Of course, you cannot tell Mother Nature what to do, but you can give her a little help.

Good luck. xx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2006, 07:05 PM
start taking folic acid now ...
you can take that for the first 3 nmonths too - but better if you start before you fall pregnant.

know when your cycle is - but relax about getting pregnant as it will happen.

Dont test too early when your period is due as you could get false negatives.

good luck !!
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

21-07-2006, 07:09 PM
have lots of fun.lol

prolly one of the best bits i would guess.lol

apparently havign a special time if you get me is ment to increase chances too, so get your hubby instructed.lol
SibeLuver03
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2006, 08:23 PM
I've never been pregnant, but I do have a bit of advice for you.

Don't get too stressed over things happening in your life. Simply stressing over things can cause you to have a harder time getting pregnant and can even cause you to miscarry your baby when you do get pregnant.

A young girl I went to church with had a new husband and was trying for a baby. She was going to school and was taking close to 20 hours per semester. School was being rough with her and she was having a very hard time getting pregnant.

Eventually she got pregnant but lost it after 3 months because it was around finals time at school. After she graduated college and earned her degree, she got pregnant right away. In fact, she's just had a brand new baby girl last month. =)

So be careful with the stress in your life. Even though it isn't physical, it is sure mental and can still affect your getting pregnant.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >