View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fluffybunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Yes she's 3 years old and spayed. She came from a house where she saw her partner killed by a fox, and because the fox was still lurking and distressing her, they thought it best to hand her to a rescue for rehoming. Apparently she used to adore him and spent most of her time grooming him. I wonder if she's just not over the trauma yet and no other bunny will do at the moment.

I've done several bondings before and usually go for the approach of letting them get on with it, with as little interference as possible, and once I've started, I don't separate them, I'll sleep on the floor with them if necessary to get it over and done with in the space of a day. But that isn't going to work with these two - she's a fair bit bigger than him and was so aggressive (so much so that I'm actually wondering if she really is spayed!!) towards him that I didn't want the poor little munchkin to get hurt and he was getting so frightened that I just had to stop it.

I'll let them settle for a few more days - their houses and runs are next to each other so they can see and smell each other. I'll keep you posted as to how it progresses!

Fluffy x
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Great set up you have there Fluffy bunny and booteeeful wabbits

Have you ever tried taking 2 bunnies out for a ride in a car to try and help them bond - apprently it works really well. Put them on the back seat (free range so to speak) and you will find that once you set off for your car ride they will huddle together
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Thats a great set up you have there fluffybunny I have just gone out to the shed and let our rabbit have free run of it again now. On Saturday night my partner went to put him back in his hutch as we do everynight and found some blood on the floor of the shed near the door. We have checked the rabbit all over and can't find where it came from so I have kept him in his hutch for a couple of days to observe him but he seems absolutely fine. So its a bit of a mystery where it came from and we shall probably never know
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2