Our sister sites
Our sister sites
reesiew
New Member!
Female 

09-02-2012, 06:22 PM

Young adult male Akita

Hello,
I am looking to re-home our 3 yr old Akita for several reasons. Not only are we not home enough to give him the attention he needs, but my husband was allergy tested and found to have dog allergies. Our dog's name is Bronx and he has A LOT of energy, so he needs someone who has a lot more time than we currently have. He did have an altercation with one of our neighbor's male dog, but we believe it was a male dominating type of issue as our dog has not be spayed. He has not had any other issues with other neiborhood dogs, but to be on the safe side I am not sure he should go to a home with other male dogs. We are located in St. Louis, MO. If you are anyone you know is interested, simply send me a post and I can give you more details and even pictures!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 07:08 PM
reeslaw....most members on here are from the UK so you may not get many replies.Good luck in finding the perfect home for your boy though!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Have you tried contacting the local rescue? They might be able to find a suitable home, though you might want to check they have a no destruction policy first.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Also, do a google search, there may be breed specific Akita rescues that can help with rehoming that are largely based online rather than have a centre? There's 3 such Akita rescues in the UK, and the UK's tiny!