Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deborahjane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Perhaps that is what she wanted (and then would claim that it was 'an accident')

Hali..you took the words out of my mouth...serves her right if it did happen...but a shame for her poor dog. one of my cavs is in season and we keep her on the lead at all times and really try and walk her with our other 2 girls when there a very few people around.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 09:08 PM
After reading the replies from you guys I'm glad I wasn't just over-reacting and being judgemental.

I don't know what it is about people where I live - there are so many muppets
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Whilst this woman might have been a bit clueless as to the risks she was imposing, I'd just like to add how opinionated and self righteous you all sound. Doesnt do you any favours.
Deborahjane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Hi Chris. Thanks for your reply. Like everyone else on this forum you are entitled to your opinion...doesnt make you or us opinionated in any way, shape or form. We all have things we like to talk about and this forum is one way of doing it...hopefully without causing offence. Being here has helped me considerably with my 3 dogs and issues that I have had. We all care about our animals and other peoples...but some people that we see outside are really dumb when it comes to the welfare of their girls when in season and other dogs off the lead charging around and attacking other dogs whilst the owner laughs and says " oh, its ok he/she is only playing and doesnt mean it"......makes my blood boil...well if this makes me self opinionated now...so be it!!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 11:24 AM
I would have thought its common sense not to walk an in season dog off-lead surely ?
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 11:38 AM
When Ela was in season i was totally paranoid the whole time! She had on lead walks only and trips to my mum and dads as they have a larger garden then us.

We did once take her off lead round some fields with my Father in law but the land was private (We had permission) so we knew we wouldn't meet any other dogs, she was at the end at this point anyway.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Chris_Collins View Post
Whilst this woman might have been a bit clueless as to the risks she was imposing, I'd just like to add how opinionated and self righteous you all sound. Doesnt do you any favours.
Don't think there was any need for this!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Exactly not opinionated and self righteous - just good old common sense i thought thats what forums were for - to express an opinion
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 12:06 PM
I'd just like to add how opinionated and self righteous you all sound. Doesnt do you any favours.
Sure anyone with a little bit of common sense would know that walking a bitch in season off lead around intact dogs might not be the best idea?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Chris_Collins View Post
Thanks for your comment Chris it was really helpful and constructive

The stupid bint did it again today!!!!!! We were on the field (all the same dogs again) and she came straight up to us with her dog on a lead. I called Bryan away and he didn't bother, but my friend's lab again was going frantic.

So I said to her 'Is she in season then?' The woman said 'Yes' So I just said 'It's probably best not to bring her around a lot of male dogs then'

She said yeah I'll take her into the other field. Thing was she didn't need to come into the field where we were, let alone come right up to us. OMG
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2