Female 

13-03-2009, 05:54 PM

1 rottie shot dead and another tazered

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/7941883.stm
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 05:56 PM
How very very sad. Poor man and poor dogs !!!
Elaine xx
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 05:59 PM
its horrendous to me as, although we dont know the full story one would imagine that the press would be all over it if the dogs had caused the death of the man...looks more likely that he died of natural causes- the dogs were probably freaked out and protecting their owner from 'harm' a total over reaction- they could of at least tazered them both and put them in kennels to calm down.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 05:59 PM
how sad, I have often said, If I drop in the street and have my dogs with me, I think they would try to defend me, who knows how they would be,
I guess the dogs would have known all was not well, they are very protective of there people....
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 06:00 PM
That is so very sad
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
its horrendous to me as, although we dont know the full story one would imagine that the press would be all over it if the dogs had caused the death of the man...looks more likely that he died of natural causes- the dogs were probably freaked out and protecting their owner from 'harm' a total over reaction- they could of at least tazered them both and put them in kennels to calm down.
I would have thought it would be obvious if the dogs had done it, sadly it sounds to me like some poor chap out walking his dogs, who may have had a heart attack or similar, the dogs may have sat with him for some time before he died, or he may have died instantly from an aneurysm, whatever happend the dogs would be very stressed to see there owner in such a way. very sad for all.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Was it a lab or a rotti that did something similar not too long ago...and people thought that the dog had attacked the owner, when it was trying to revive them?
Brain fog has set in today can't remember the details. It was initially reported as a dog attack but it wasn't.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Was it a lab or a rotti that did something similar not too long ago...and people thought that the dog had attacked the owner, when it was trying to revive them?
Brain fog has set in today can't remember the details. It was initially reported as a dog attack but it wasn't.
it was a rottie, the man had a heart attack, the dog was pulling at his clothing/dragging him., but someone thought it was attacking the man.........it was all over the papers that the dog had turned and attacked the owner.....it was later found out that the dog had not killed him he had a heart attack, but then thats not quite as good a headline eh.... rottie tries to help owner....

I think the headline rottie shot....one tazered is a bit OTT to,

why could they not say.....oh Feck we had to shoot one dog and tazer another for protecting there dead owner...coz we thought they killed him,.........grrrrrrrrrr
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 06:12 PM
I dont know the stats for it, but I bet of all the rottie attacks that do happen, you would be hard pushed to find many that bite there owners.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
how sad, I have often said, If I drop in the street and have my dogs with me, I think they would try to defend me, who knows how they would be,
I guess the dogs would have known all was not well, they are very protective of there people....
Oh how sad, at the end of the day they were shot for protecting their owner. And of course they couldn't be shot with sedatives or anything and assessed? Had to be killed? I think any one of my dogs would be the same if I dropped in the street. How awful that they are being blamed for his death.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >