View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2013, 05:38 AM
If I had had a girl lt was going to be Luna because of the connection to Nadia and Lucy who nursed and loved Ollie for us while he was away in the hospital. My other choice was Xanthe only thing is I believe it translates as blonde or yellow which a Bernese isn't.

You could use Zanta which my Zanta is who is now living with Sam it is Swahili for beautiful girl.
Alice Childress
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Aww Zanta is a beautiful name, but for some reason I like every day names on dogs. I really like the eelka (no idea of actual spelling but pronounced 'eel' 'ka'). It's Bulgarian, but because it's too... special, too unusual, it doesn't feel quite right. For example, I was very tempted to call a boy 'Steve'. Ahem.

Two of her sister's are being called 'Kimba' and 'Florrie', both very pretty names but not every day ish for me.

Maggie is currently in the lead, but I'm put off by how apparently common it is (but then all every day names are...).

Decisions, decisions!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Alice Childress View Post
I still cannot decide on her name!

Currently I am leaning towards either Sophie, Maggie, or Katie. Apparently this little girl is one of the cheekier, brighter, boldest puppies in the litter, so I think she needs a cute cheeky name.
Hi Amagical name to me is Wanda,I always trya name out in the park,and if dogs come running,I know that it sounds ok to dogs crystalgirl
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Alice Childress View Post
She is a Bernese Mountain dog A 4 week old Bernese Mountain dog in that photo. She's 6 weeks now.

Although I do love pyrenean mountain dogs as well!

I was considering Ginny!
Ooo yes Ginny! Remus was called Max before we got him,but it didnt suit him and his fosterer said she didn't like it either. She loved Remus but said she would fail us on the home check if we were going to go with the other choice which was Dobby! Haha.
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
It is the Ivrit for Poppy - usually used for the poppy seeds that are used in baking.

[Apologies to Alice for going off topic]
It's lovely! Now I have to go away and google Ivrit!
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-04-2013, 10:01 AM
She's such a cutie!!

I follow a JRT on instagram called Ginny and she's so full of character, very cute name. I really like the suggestion of Bronwyn, lovely name.

You must be so excited I remember the last week before Nala arrived dragged and dragged!!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2013, 10:57 AM
The time seems to drag but once they come home it goes by in a blur.

Can believe my little bundle of trouble has doubled in size and is now 14 weeks old.

It has gone by in a flash but seems like shes always been here at the same time.

Can't wait for more pics when you get her home xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Is the puppy home Alice ? Any piccies. ?

Have looked at the dates of the garden party and silly me it is the 12th May not April so we are going to try to get there.

Dillon is already 3 weeks into his recovery from his castration and having the benign tumour removed from his toe so will be healed enough from both ops to attend. So unless nothing else crops up we will be there.
Can't wait to meet your beautiful girl and have a cuddle.
Alice Childress
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Is the puppy home Alice ? Any piccies. ?

Have looked at the dates of the garden party and silly me it is the 12th May not April so we are going to try to get there.

Dillon is already 3 weeks into his recovery from his castration and having the benign tumour removed from his toe so will be healed enough from both ops to attend. So unless nothing else crops up we will be there.
Can't wait to meet your beautiful girl and have a cuddle.
Oh brilliant It will be lovely to see you there again.

Is puppy home yet you say?... Yes!! She's been home a week, and oh my what a week - I am exhausted! She is blooming hard work, and definitely a full time job, but nevertheless she's actually been easier than I had prepared myself for *touch wood*.

She is such a clever little thing though. Or rather, a clever huge thing.

I can't believe how much she's grown in only a week!

And yes, I have photos

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Awwwwwww!!!! Made me all broody now she is adorable.
What name did you decide in the end ?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 08:20 PM
I can't BELIEVE the size of her front paws! She is beautiful.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >