Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 01:17 PM

My new arrivals!! (Guinea Pigs)

Thought I would share these with you... my 4 latest piggies.
This is Stanley, he is 5mths old now had him for about 3 months now, he was a present from my Mum... he is a complete nutty boy, so fits straight in!!

Whiskey and Soda, they arrived last Monday from the rescue centre. They had been dumped in Rochford, Essex during all that snow and ice, left to fend for themselves in woods.. Soda (cream) was in a very bad way, but is now fighting fit and is a cheeky boy, Whiskey is a bit nervy understandably!

Herbie, he came on Wednesday, poor little mite was thrown over someones garden wall... He is a little anxious and nervy, but he is coming round and is a lovely little fella.

Thanks for looking!
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Gosh they are just gorgeous!! Have always loved Guinea pigs but never owned any. Well done for rescuing them poor things dumped like that.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-05-2010, 01:25 PM
They are lovely Claire and will now all lead a happy life.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Herbie is a cutie.

rune
Clarita
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Claire, They are fantastic- truly gorgeous! Well done for rescuing these beautiful creatures, too! Never owned a guinea pig yet do think they are very cute!! Indeed they will lead a happy life with you !

Warmest wishes from Devon, Clarita
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Oh now they are all so handsome! Do they all live together? I've not really had boys I usually have a group of girlies. My boy Humphrey went in to be neutered last week and when he is all clear in a couple of weeks I am going to try and move him in with the girls instead of him living a lonely life.

You can't believe the things some people do can you? My four came from a girl who decided she was going to breed them, did that and then got rid of them all.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Gosh they are just gorgeous!! Have always loved Guinea pigs but never owned any. Well done for rescuing them poor things dumped like that.
Thanks Cass, I have kept piggies since I was 5, so a lifelong obsession... I have bred 3 litters and was so anxious I won't do it again! I now rescue and rehome unwanted ones. These boys' are so lovely, so upsetting they were unwanted, but I have gained 3 great boys!!
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
They are lovely Claire and will now all lead a happy life.
Thanks Lynn
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Herbie is a cutie.

rune
Thanks Rune, he is a sucker for a cuddle, despite his rough start
Originally Posted by Clarita View Post
Claire, They are fantastic- truly gorgeous! Well done for rescuing these beautiful creatures, too! Never owned a guinea pig yet do think they are very cute!! Indeed they will lead a happy life with you !

Warmest wishes from Devon, Clarita
Aw thanks Clarita...
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
Oh now they are all so handsome! Do they all live together? I've not really had boys I usually have a group of girlies. My boy Humphrey went in to be neutered last week and when he is all clear in a couple of weeks I am going to try and move him in with the girls instead of him living a lonely life.

You can't believe the things some people do can you? My four came from a girl who decided she was going to breed them, did that and then got rid of them all.
Thanks hun, Whiskey and Soda live together, I am hoping once he is old enough that Stanley will be neutered and have his own harem of ladies and if he is okay Herbie will have the same... I have only managed to bond 2 boys, always found more than that fall out, but I keep girls too so that could be it, they may pick up on their smells....
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Oh that probably is why then if you keep ladies too. I only ever have one boy at a time if I can help it. I had to wait until I was 10 for my first piggy. It took me that long to wear my mum down. Have kept them ever since. I think they are so cute!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Oh they are lovely piggies. Well done for rehoming. All my boys came as rescues and they really do come round when shown a bit of love and attention. Would love to have some more but I think after 3 giggle pigs and 2 bunnies were moved in by me, OH would move out if any more turned up!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 06:36 AM
They are beautiful Claire, and well done for all the good work you do in rescuing them...having seen them I really, really want one.

I think you should put a thread up with all your guinea pigs and your beautiful rabbits too, show everyone how gorgeous they all are xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >