Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-05-2005, 11:00 AM

His Inner Voice

He stays silent and waits for the day, when the rolling thunder within him can be unleashed
Of whom do I speak, I am speaking of the loyal, intelligent, protective and bred for action, Staffordshire bull terrier. The love conquers all attitude hold no water with him, he who from birth is programmed for the love of combat. Unlike humans, The Stafford does not possess a multitude of personalities. From his conception the Ghost Dogs have invaded his phsyche and at some point in his life they shall be seen.
Most owners only ever hear half the orchestra within their dog, the one where they do all the conducting. How many of your baton waves consist of, NO, STOP THAT, LEAVE, and so on. You can convert a non believer to Christianity, but you can't make a Stafford a Poodle.
I sometimes ask myself if Stafford owners are comprehensively aware of the dog that is at the end of the lead.
I have never fully come to terms with the reasons why people choose The Stafford as opposed to many other breeds, that fulfill the human need every bit as much as The Stafford does.
Is it our need to tame the untameable?
Is it the instant taling point when The Stafford name is mentioned?
Or is it because you have" After many weeks thought" you truely believe you can fulfill the canine needs of The Stafford and not the human need to have a Newspaper Headline on a leash?
When you first bring your pup home, and he yaps and growls, and plays tug with everyone. The young dog who is obedient, well behaved, and showing that love conquers all.
I wonder as the dog reaches maturity, how many see the second when he grows still and silent, his mind in neutral, then the Ghost Dogs whisper becomes a roar, and the realisation of what he truely is, is welcomed by him.
This is his time, how many of us would aknowledge it, how many would even recognise it, or do we just put it down to a break in the schedule, or some aspect of training that we missed.
I do not know how many have heard the awesome power of the full orchestra, but we had all better listen, for one day if we are unaware of it, it will deafen us with it's silence.
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2005, 11:02 AM
good post jim, very nice
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2005, 11:15 AM
lovely post enjoyed reading it!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2005, 11:29 AM
Brilliant post, really enjoyed reading it.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2005, 11:37 AM
enjoyed your post
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Thank you all very much,
Gems
Dogsey Veteran