Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2013, 04:15 PM

Got close to Badgers!

Wow, last night our neighbour lost her dogs and whilst we were out helping look for them saw some badgers and got within a few feet of one that happily came snuffling towards us. I know they get bad press, but awesome to get that close.

First time OH seen a live one! So it is worth getting out in the countryside without the dogs sometimes!

Dogs were OK, had got shut in a room!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Wow! I would love to see that!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Lucky you! We've got them in our gardens here, cos these houses are built in the woods which the badgers owned before they were built, and there's nothing you can put in their way to stop their "runs".

They even pulled the neighbour's fence down to do their nightly run, so he has now built a wall cos he doesn't want them in his garden I worry for my dog of course, and they come out around 9pm when I let her out last thing, so she always goes onlead, cos we have one big one called Mr Nasty who has ripped a dog to shreds just up the road and I don't want him attacking mine . Dogs and badgers don't mix well.

If I look out the front window at the right time overnight, I can see them walking down the road, and that same neighbour who had the fence problem said he came back from the pub late one night, or rather staggered, and the badgers pushed him out of the way, he couldn't believe how strong they are and how bolshy they are, but lovely to see them like that.
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Lucky you then. Glad the dogs where fine though.