Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 01:07 AM

Weird vaccination policy??

So we took our 13 year old, but very healthy cat to the vet a while ago for routine vaccinations. They then informed us of a strange new policy on cat vaccinations.

Any animal over 10 years old has to get half of their vaccinations and then two weeks later, come back for the other half. I didn't bother to ask questions, as it's not that big a deal.

But have you heard of this before? If so, why is this done? It's no big deal, just thought I'd ask.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 02:20 AM
yes, I follow that, except I give only one disease at a time. It's extremely hard on an animal to get a cocktail (Infact, there's a bunch of american soldiers fighting the gvt, because they got cocktails before deployment to Desert Storm, who are now developing illnesses related to getting a bunch of vaccines at once) So I understand why the vets would do half and half, for sure!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
yes, I follow that, except I give only one disease at a time. It's extremely hard on an animal to get a cocktail (Infact, there's a bunch of american soldiers fighting the gvt, because they got cocktails before deployment to Desert Storm, who are now developing illnesses related to getting a bunch of vaccines at once) So I understand why the vets would do half and half, for sure!
Ahh. The vaccinations here are usually done as combination vaccines so that makes sense. Our vet didn't use to do this.. so it kind of took us as a surprise. But, oh well. If it's for the animals safety, I'm all for it!