Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Where is a jolly old gestetner when you need one.
Haha that broughtback a few memories, also miss the old teleprinters with the long strips of paper with all those holes in. Did you have those in your office
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2015, 05:13 PM
Never had a tele printer but the switchboard was wooden with pegs to push in to connect people. Yep those were the days and I loved them. Would go back in a flash if I could.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Meant to say checked the Amazon prime today and it has been cancelled June. So no charge.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Evening All,
Sorry, am unable to join in with the gestetner/keyboard/printer conversation as I am completely at sea when it comes to office equipment,apart from my stumblings on the computermybob the level of my technical abilities in telecommunications and correspondence is getting the message off the pigeons leg! lol !
June - Saw the news tonight on the TV and it seems not only yourselves in sub-tropical Bolton but Manchester Airport and all surrounding districts were covered in the self same fog. Whilst in our elevated position we basked in the glory of the sun's benevolence! That bit about it shining on the Righteous is obviously correct!
Loved the pics of Zenith - she's such a sweet pup. Looks like I might be the bookies' favourite for correctly forecasting her coat colour. She'll soon be teething so time to prepare for the piles of chewed woodwork! lol !
Back in a bit, bye fer now.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-11-2015, 06:59 PM
As has been previously expressed - it is to be hoped that Eileen is just over stretched at the moment and being kept very busy with family matters. Best wishes if you look in Eileen.
Also - no sign of Griff today - so really hope that all is well with her. Not at all like her to leave it till so late in the day to make an appearance.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Yes worried about Griff because of the headache, but was thinking maybe she's had a day under the duvet.
Teething Ha!!!! Zenith is a menace with my coat sleeve and today (whilst I was trying to clean up)she was bounding round and tugging it, sick of telling her off, I said to Keshi (who was sat on the other side of me giving her daggers) Sort Her Out will you Kesh, no sooner said than done, straight onto her, pinned her and gave her a good telling off, accompanied by screams from Zen (not a mark on her by the way) and then Kesh gave me a look, glared at Zen and went off to find a bone. Zen went quiet and lay down, job done
Harvey I used to work for BP Chemicals in Manchester and was their receptionist, so worked one of the plug in boards, loved that job, could talk all day to people and be paid to do it That was in the late '60's early '70's before I went to work in the world of Advertising
Remember the tele printers as well, and comptometers, not that I had a prayer of using one successfully, my one try at it resulted in a different total every time
By the way, LG. When I went to training yesterday, someone said immediately I walked up,OMG she's a silver sable!!!! Was telling this to one of my other friends on the phone last night (she has one of Mabs sisters and 3 shepherds including my blue girl) and SHE said No Way is she a silver sable, send me a piccie NOW. Well I didn't have a recent one, my friend last saw Zen in August and only a couple of piccies since then, hence the piccies today, and sent some over to her, and she got back to me saying, yep Silver Sable. So there you are
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Yes hope griff is ok today as said not like her to not pop in.

Just had a fright the tele was playing up weak or lost signal our signal boost box is all ok. So took the instruction and re-tuned the channels and phew all working again. Thought oh no double Corrie and an Eastenders too.
Netflix was working so not all lost if tele had given up for the night.
Its been a bit on and off all week.

I sometimes wonder if Dillon could of done with an older dog when he was younger to of put him in his place at times.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Good evening all, so sorry...could have sworn i posted earlier....must not have hit enter Lol
sadly still have the headache..driving me mad now!
have walked the dogs, been and fetched flea stuff from the vets, dad took me to get some onions for pickling and been to training...deags didn't whinge in the car!!!!!!!!!
we have had fog all day too, horrible horrible day, maybe tomorrow will be a better day. Will have a read through shortly
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2015, 08:45 PM
Evening griff sorry you still have the headache.
Given up with the tele re-tuned 3 times and it still keeps losing channels.
Wondering of its the fog ?

Watching netflix instead.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Evening Griff - sorry to hear you still have that wretched headache, but very glad that Deags didn't do any whinging in the car which would have made you feel a damn sight worse. Hope you're soon rid of it. As Scarlet O'Hara said in "Gone with the Wind" tomorrow is another day and with a bit of luck you'll feel loads better and have a bit of the sunshine that we've been keeping to ourselves today.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >