View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
milella
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Hi just read through this post & would say it's not good to keep swapping & changing the dog food no wonder she's fussy, it's your own doing & if you simply change over in a day & not gradually introduce the new food in a couple of weeks you're risking an upset tum.....when my pup was small she wouldn't eat from her bowl either so I simply poured it on the floor, it wasn't long before I realised she would eat from a bowl with a bigger circumference I think she was simply bashing her head on the bowl so just try a bigger bowl.....simple when I think about it she's fine now she'll eat from the smaller bowl now & I no longer put it on the floor, she does that herself lol typical Jack
andmoreagain
New Member!
Female 

03-05-2013, 08:10 PM
I didn't swap the food suddenly - she was on Iams from the breeder and we gradually changed over to Vet's Kitchen. Since she's not so keen on that, I'm now going to change (gradually) to Eden as it seems to be a better quality food. Her bowl seems to be pretty wide but I might try your suggestion of putting it on the floor to see if that is one of the problems. Thanks for replying, it's good to hear other dog owners' own experiences.
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Have you tried food dispensing toys to make her work for her food?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kong-KS2-Stu.../dp/B0002DHO1I

or a Dog pyramid

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_7nx8o1jks3_e

They are so much fun for the dogs.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-05-2013, 11:09 PM
I've been through it before. I just play the tough love routine. They won't let themselves starve; at least in my experiences.

I too vouch for food dispensing toys but it would be nice to make sure she will eat out of a bowl too in case there's an emergency and she has to eat from it. Obviously if they go for too long, there may be a health concern to address.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2