Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 11:45 AM

My raw order.

Bearing in mind I have broken the camera I am using, the flash doesn't work and the back screen has gone so I am pretty much shooting photos blind and I'm in the middle of a pretty terrifying storm so I can't turn the lights on. Anyway - here's my order.

I ordered:

20 Choice Chunks
20 Chicken and Liver
20 Tripe
20 Turkey
5kg Chicken wings
4kg Beef Chunks
15kg Bones
2 Whole gutted rabbits.

Crappy photo - Rabbits and Bones

And my lovely organised freezer. Turkey at the top, Choice Chunks and Chicken and liver in the middle and Tripe on the bottom. The bulky stuff is crammed in my chest freezer, I would take a photo but I doubt I could get the lid shut again

Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Totally hacked off with my order. I see you did get rabbits, although mine appear to have been omitted and i'm pretty narked about it.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Oh, it is delivery day for me on Monday Is it sad to be so excited about it???

I don't think it will all fit in the freezer though I might need to bury some of the stuff at the bottom of my mums chest freezer

I am getting some new stuff though, so very excited! Not sure about Jake but Arrow will love it
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I've often considered the "big bag of bones". Just how big is the bag, and what are they like? Are they recreational sunny-day-in-the-garden bones?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Totally hacked off with my order. I see you did get rabbits, although mine appear to have been omitted and i'm pretty narked about it.
Hmm I know. I could have a word with the boss at work see if he can give us any that are shot at his farm?

Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Oh, it is delivery day for me on Monday Is it sad to be so excited about it???

I don't think it will all fit in the freezer though I might need to bury some of the stuff at the bottom of my mums chest freezer

I am getting some new stuff though, so very excited! Not sure about Jake but Arrow will love it
I wasn't so sure mine would all fit, I had to empty all the bones loose in the freezer, I have a small chest for bulky stuff and minces in the 4 drawer. I really didn't think I was going to get 80 minces in there - but I did and there was one extra mince left over from last time too

Originally Posted by SneaksyWhippet View Post
I've often considered the "big bag of bones". Just how big is the bag, and what are they like? Are they recreational sunny-day-in-the-garden bones?
Well Leanne said she got some that were recreational and some edible. From what I've pulled out today I have a lot of spine parts (big bits) and a couple of ribs and it all looks beef - whereas it says mixed bones (but then I'm not sure I could tell a chopped up cow from a chopped up sheep) But I don't know - I was too busy throwing them in the freezer. I'll take some more photos later and as for the size of the bag, I'd say it was no more than a 15kg bag of dog food.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Yes, the big bag of bones I had contained alot of recreational bones from beef, not a bone I actually feed as I only feed edible bones. So, the dogs were having a quick gnaw and then I was throwing them away. Money down the drain for me really so I havent bothered again.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I wasn't so sure mine would all fit, I had to empty all the bones loose in the freezer, I have a small chest for bulky stuff and minces in the 4 drawer. I really didn't think I was going to get 80 minces in there - but I did and there was one extra mince left over from last time too
I'm terrible for ordering too much

Last time, I only just fit it all in... and that was with me feeding Jake extra's and having an few extra days to use some food because I had to wait for the huge block of tripe to defrost slightly (which took ages because of the sheer size of it). I have half a freezer full, and on Monday I have 15kg of green tripe, 20lb of venison, 20lb of oily fish, 5kg of chicken carcasses and a load of cow and lamb legs, and sheep and pig heads It is never going to all fit!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I'm terrible for ordering too much

Last time, I only just fit it all in... and that was with me feeding Jake extra's and having an few extra days to use some food because I had to wait for the huge block of tripe to defrost slightly (which took ages because of the sheer size of it). I have half a freezer full, and on Monday I have 15kg of green tripe, 20lb of venison, 20lb of oily fish, 5kg of chicken carcasses and a load of cow and lamb legs, and sheep and pig heads It is never going to all fit!
I had to order too much otherwise I wouldn't have had an order! I didn't want nor need 20 tripe, 20 turkey and 40 offal minces.

I had pretty empty freezers anyway so I was quite lucky but I know that next time it will all fit in.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2012, 08:16 PM
I had to order too much otherwise I wouldn't have had an order! I didn't want nor need 20 tripe, 20 turkey and 40 offal minces.

I had pretty empty freezers anyway so I was quite lucky but I know that next time it will all fit in.
Yeah, the only thing I need to get from the supplier is tripe! But I need to make the minimum order, and rather than spend £30 + £5 delivery, I decided to spend over £50 and get delivery free I would love to have all the spent on tripe, but it would take up way too much room since it is so cheap, so I needed to get other stuff that they will eat anyway.
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Bearing in mind I have broken the camera I am using, the flash doesn't work and the back screen has gone so I am pretty much shooting photos blind and I'm in the middle of a pretty terrifying storm so I can't turn the lights on. Anyway - here's my order.

I ordered:

20 Choice Chunks
20 Chicken and Liver
20 Tripe
20 Turkey
5kg Chicken wings
4kg Beef Chunks
15kg Bones
2 Whole gutted rabbits.

Crappy photo - Rabbits and Bones

And my lovely organised freezer. Turkey at the top, Choice Chunks and Chicken and liver in the middle and Tripe on the bottom. The bulky stuff is crammed in my chest freezer, I would take a photo but I doubt I could get the lid shut again

Can I ask where your order was from please? I ordered recently from Natural instinct & am very happy with it, but could do with saving a few pennies next time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >