Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
The very fact Pit Bulls are band makes them more appealing to the wrong owner type.
I really don't think that is the case, it's hype and media sensationalism that causes people to want to own these dogs if the 'good ole press' gave up with the horrible 'newspaper selling' stories with these dogs people wouldn't be intrested, then quite possibly the DDA would be workable for the safety of the dogs.
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I really don't think that is the case, it's hype and media sensationalism that causes people to want to own these dogs if the 'good ole press' gave up with the horrible 'newspaper selling' stories with these dogs people wouldn't be intrested, then quite possibly the DDA would be workable for the safety of the dogs.
Yes the media have played a big part in the brining on the witch hunt, when you say the DDA could be workable do you think that it would be possible to stop the illegal breeding and sale of Pit Bulls in the UK.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Sara1210 View Post
I dont think Pitbulls are dangerous, or should i say i dont think they are anymore dangerous than any other breed.

Pitbulls are loving dogs and in the right hands make a loving loyal dog.

I too dont think they should be banned.
Ive quoted my first reply on this thread as after spending ages reading through, this thread has altered my opinion. I know im going to get jumped on but i really dont care.

First of all, i do still firmly believe that PBT`s can and do make loving loyal family pets in the right hands.

But ill admit i am shocked at the stats that have been put on here, and i think Nicci L is talking real sense.
I hate to say it but i too believe that if they were to lift the ban on PBT`s then they would still be suffering as a breed for that reason i think its better for there own sake that they stay on the DDA.

I never thought i would say that about any breed but we have all seen the videos etc of the suffering these dogs have to go through.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 09:10 PM
So sara you support the DDA? because this is how im reading it, the Same with Minihaha and Nicci L. So supporting the DDA is supporting millions of innocent dogs being PTS and many of them maybe not even having pit bull blood in them. Why support the DDA and not something else that tackles the owners not the actual dogs? Why not come up with another idea but just sit back and watch millions of dogs being pts, what if the stafford or a breed that we own get put on the DDA, will you ask for help when you have supported the DDA if they take your dog away? because think outside of your own box for once, many people will lose there dogs for no reason what so ever under the DDA and you would have supported but As bull breed owners who own unreg staffords and bull breeds (as i do) are not ruled out of the DDA.

I will fight for every dog, every breed because no dog should be pts for no reason or taken away from loving owners and homes.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I wish I had the answers to that because I really don't know, the only thing that does make sense to me is when 'Pit Bull Type' attacks get reported, how many people do you see advertising in the free ads, or on other dog forums asking for information on Pit Bull Type breeders because 'they want one'? .
It's nothing to do with them being banned that makes people want them, it's all the hype and media frenzy surrounding these dogs that makes people want them, the DDA don't even come into it (Hopefully it won't ever happen again) but if it did, look on the internet free ads for people tripping over themselves to get a 'Pit Bull Type' dog after an attack has been reported. I think you'd be quite surprised.

With the right measures in place the DDA is workable for the 'protection of the breeds' how things would be enforced I have no idea, but I really do think it needs to be looked into and addressing so no more breeds end up on that list!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Just like to add to Minihaha comments about Anti this and Anti that. This is not a game this is real, Sky high nearly had their dog taken away when it was a stafford, it could happen to any of us bull breed owners. KC reg dogs have been taken away too. If we are Anti people who are ANTI bull breed or PRO DDA it is because you people are one of many 'groups' who threat the lives of our beloved dogs.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
So sara you support the DDA? because this is how im reading it, the Same with Minihaha and Nicci L. So supporting the DDA is supporting millions of innocent dogs being PTS and many of them maybe not even having pit bull blood in them. Why support the DDA and not something else that tackles the owners not the actual dogs? Why not come up with another idea but just sit back and watch millions of dogs being pts, what if the stafford or a breed that we own get put on the DDA, will you ask for help when you have supported the DDA if they take your dog away? because think outside of your own box for once, many people will lose there dogs for no reason what so ever under the DDA and you would have supported but As bull breed owners who own unreg staffords and bull breeds (as i do) are not ruled out of the DDA.

I will fight for every dog, every breed because no dog should be pts for no reason or taken away from loving owners and homes.
Hayley I find the content of many of your posts is unintelligible, I find they really don't contribute anything to the discussion at all ..
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 09:16 PM
You make some sense Nicci, But the DDA is not workable, scrap the DDA and get better tests, laws, schemes and groups in that tackle every dog that attacks and more importantly the owners , lets not make it down to certain breeds, PTS the dogs of any breed that attack, Test every owner, spot checks, it can happen, all is need is money, support, effort, knowledge and understanding
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 09:20 PM

Im not saying i support the DDA but i think leaving the Pitbull on there is the best thing for that breed.

Call it what you like Hayley, read through Nicci`s post it makes perfect sense, if it doesnt make sense to you, maybe you are all for their suffering?
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-03-2007, 09:21 PM

No one has said they support the DDA Hayley, you are misinterpreting this, I said and stand by the fact I think PIT BULLS should remain on the list for protection of the breed. Why are you so blinded with ignorance? And I'm not being nasty, but you are reading too deep into things picking up on things that are not even there twisting posts and peoples words because you don't agree with what we have to say. No one said that you had to, you are entitled to your opinion as are the rest of us but we don't want your views ramming down our throats, we take them on board and give you the best explanation we can to the best of our abilities, try to talk sense for the good of the dogs we already have, the ones we should really be concentrating on.
Page 20 of 132 « First < 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 70 120 > Last »