Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Poor Khal - I get so sad when I hear about dogs being frightened like that, especially as it obviously brought back nasty memories. Please give him a humungous hug from me.

As for Insomnia's comment about Axel and a group of Asian men - Pereg has a definite dislike/fear of certain men and I can only think it is because some people have, and sometimes still do, thrown stones at her when she is in the front yard because she barks at them.

It only took a few of the same type of person [their look, the way they dress etc] throwing stones at her, and it is now a vicious circle. She sees someone of that type and barks - and her barking and rushing about causes some people to stop, pick up a stone, and throw it - leading to more barking and rushing about.

for all the frightened furries.
Thanks Malka, one humungous hug delivered..Its such a shame that people cant be more aware of how their behaviour affects dogs, I know not everyone is a lover/liker of dogs, but if the dog isnt bothering you then why the need to throw stones at it..pah!!

Originally Posted by tink View Post
When we first got Daisy she disliked Men in a particular type of Jacket (that was trendy at the time) unfortunately my OH had one, when she first saw him in it and he approched her she went under the dining table and wet herself which was a real shock& heartbreaking.We bumped into someone out and she did the same,took her a little while but she doesnt have an issue with them anymore,we are sure someone had previously beaten her as she would act handshy at the same time
Ah bless her, it is heartbreaking..but with lots of love & patience anything can be achieved , as you've just shown xx

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
Aww bless him

Not much help I know,but he could be going through another fear stage...he's like an unconfident mixed up teenager

More hugs from here xx
Thanks T, good job Khal loves his cuddles...thats about all I've done to him this morning Big licks back ...

I just hope i/he will manage to get over what ever it is that is bothering him xx
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by taz_in_2001 View Post
On one of her walks we walked passed a man on the trail he came over and went to smooth her (another one that didn't ask ), she cowered and peed it was heartbreaking... his words to me was you should be shot, you have beaten that dog to a pulp, I tried to explain but he wouldn't listen . I ended up taking her the rest of her walk in tears, I couldn't believe that he thought I would have done that but then again looking back people are so naive on times
Shouldn't let it upset you. Lodger will cower out of the way of most strange men met on walks if they reach for him. I warn all that he can be handshy. Your guy drew the right conclusion just picked the wrong culprit.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2