View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 08:47 AM
I never answered on Azz's thread about making the world a better place...in fear of unsetting alot of dogsey members.

I deal with children like this and they can bring bile into your throat when you read some of the reports.........shocking.

Makes me wonder with some of these kids what the hell went wrong and how!!!! then I met the parents...well I'm saying no more.

But if that child was mine it would be more than ''Grounded'' I would insist she was prosecuted myself.

I am sorry but to me, it makes me wonder how a child/person can become so evil.

I don;t let my foster kids walk my dogs....sorry I like to keep a close eye on things.
I remember once when Steven was still in his pushchair a neighbour asked if her 14 year old daughter could take him out for me during her school holidays.....luckily another neighbour whispered in my ear ''don't let her....last year she got fed up with feeding her rabbit, so swung it around by it back legs and broke it's back OMG.
Fi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2009, 09:22 AM
The only good thing I can say was that from reading the article first I expected the film to be a whole lot worse. Luckily she didn't appear to be hitting the dog hard at all - but it is hard to determine if that was luck or judgment.

I think this just reinforces how you shouldn't leave dogs alone with kids - as much for the dogs sake as the kids. I remember having temper tantrums when I was a child - and while I never hit any animal I did have a go at my parents once or twice.

Personally as someone says it appears that the child was not emotionally mature enough to teach the dog to walk on a lead properly (something many adults struggle with) without losing her temper. Who knows maybe it was meant to be a Ceaser Milan foot push?

Both the child and the dog were put in a bad position, and unfortunately the worst happened. Hopefully they will be able to remedy the situation before it escalates further.
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 09:43 AM
makings of a psychopath..
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 10:11 AM
OMG that is sick. I didn't see this thread about it but was looking at the Sun online and saw it there first & wished I hadn't. I don't think I would have filmed it for so long, I would have been over there and taken the poor dog from her.
It's proves its NOT always the parents fault as they are sickened by it too. The world we live in is so crap at times
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2009, 10:22 AM
There are some sick f...cks around, and the sickest usually start very young, they should keep a close eye on this one.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Children shouldn`t walk dogs unsupervised IMO. Mind you - I did. If the parents were so shocked at her behaviour maybe they need to keep her on a tighter rein in future.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 11:06 AM
What a vicious little brat!! she was lucky that dog was tolerant...many other dogs would have sunk their teeth into the brats leg for abusing them like that.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 12:02 PM
It's horrible to see a child being so cruel. The "concerned neighbour" who filmed it for 13 minutes to get a product he could then sell to The Sun is no better than the child in my book. He could have stopped it and then gone straight to the owner with a few seconds of footage, but he chose not to.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
It's horrible to see a child being so cruel. The "concerned neighbour" who filmed it for 13 minutes to get a product he could then sell to The Sun is no better than the child in my book. He could have stopped it and then gone straight to the owner with a few seconds of footage, but he chose not to.
Totally agree , the n'bour could have prevented the dog suffering and chose not to, what does that say about them.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Absolutely disgusting the way she treated that poor dog, made me feel sick watching it - there is no way i could have filmed it for that long even if you want to get evidence to show the owner one kick would have done that not 13 mins of abuse! on the radio they said she also walked other dogs for neighbours so she probably treated them in the same way and that wasnt a frustrated child that couldnt get the dog to walk nicely that was a child enjoying hurting the dog.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »