Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Oh, you have to be kidding... that is PRICELESS!
She left pretty quick after that comment as i think my facial expression was this -

then i did this ...
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 04:58 PM
I rarely encounter any of the above situations (which do not appear to be "surreal" but rather arguments) as I don't take my dogs out to engage in conversations, I take them out to exercise them and enjoy their company.
Paley71
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I think one of my most memorable ones was when me and my friend were on the bus with Jess and Angus (both GSDs), when a lady started chatting to us and said she used to have a cross German Shepherd Alsatian lol (do you think I could get away with cheaper insurance if I say my two are GSD cross Alsatians ) lol
I had someone yesterday telling me Alsatians and GSD's weren't the same thing....apparently Alsatians have more black markings
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Paley71 View Post
I had someone yesterday telling me Alsatians and GSD's weren't the same thing....apparently Alsatians have more black markings
I've been told that's the case too. I've also been told Alsatians are bigger than GSDs lol

Then you get the people when you tell them they're the same dog that don't believe you lol
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I rarely encounter any of the above situations (which do not appear to be "surreal" but rather arguments) as I don't take my dogs out to engage in conversations, I take them out to exercise them and enjoy their company.

That's unfair, SMOKEY BEAR. Just because I am polite to other people I see doesn't negate the fact that I take my dogs out for exercise! And I'm sure the same goes for other folk answering here too.

If other dog owners want to be friendly, there is no reason for me to be UNfriendly by refusing to have a chat!

Also, we are not talking about 'arguments'. Rather, just exchanges.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
That's unfair, SMOKEY BEAR. Just because I am polite to other people I see doesn't negate the fact that I take my dogs out for exercise! And I'm sure the same goes for other folk answering here too.

If other dog owners want to be friendly, there is no reason for me to be UNfriendly by refusing to have a chat!

Also, we are not talking about 'arguments'. Rather, just exchanges.

I do not think it is any more unfair than actually making a thread about how "stupid" other dog owners appear to be by not knowing the difference between breeds etc.

In fact I do not see anything "polite" about making fun of other people's ignorance at all.

Is it just a coincidence that all these "exchanges" consist of posters demonstrating how stupid people are? No mention of how stupid the POSTERS may have felt?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I think one of my most memorable ones was when me and my friend were on the bus with Jess and Angus (both GSDs), when a lady started chatting to us and said she used to have a cross German Shepherd Alsatian lol (do you think I could get away with cheaper insurance if I say my two are GSD cross Alsatians ) lol
There's a girl at work who reckons she has 2 dogs of different breeds: one a GSD, the other an Alsatian!

I keep trying to tell her otherwise but she insists they're different because one is longhaired.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I do not think it is any more unfair than actually making a thread about how "stupid" other dog owners appear to be by not knowing the difference between breeds etc.

In fact I do not see anything "polite" about making fun of other people's ignorance at all.

Is it just a coincidence that all these "exchanges" consist of posters demonstrating how stupid people are? No mention of how stupid the POSTERS may have felt?

Given that we are not identifying any of the people we mention, I cannot see where any harm is being done.

Nor have I, nor anyone else, labelled anyone 'stupid'.

That said, for a dog owner not to know whether her own dog is a Lab or a Golden is slightly bizarre in my view - note I never said 'stupid'
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 05:48 PM
See previous thread titled 'golden wooliver'

Nuff said me thinks
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Someone had just met a Bracco, walked up to my dogs and goes 'oh look its just like crufts with all these new breeds around, to me, what type are they?' me 'Greyhound crosses' them 'oh...', nice to know my dogs would fit in at crufts though

I've also been told that you can't get Lurcher's as pups, you have to get them from rescue! And Long dog is a new designer dog term to make the pups worth more, yeah that's why I see so many long dog adverts, and my Long dog cost a whopping £40 more then my Lurcher, who both were brought as puppies .
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »