View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-07-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm not bumping this thread - I've just been reading back through it and realised how big it got and how many people gave Breagh well wishes.

For all the newbies that have joined Dogsey or anybody new to dogs I think it's a good 'track' of how things can suddenly happen.

Anyway, Breagh aside it's just a quickie to say thanks to everybody and that Breagh (poor sod) is now OK to be Speyed on Tuesday.

No rest for the wicked girl !
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 12:14 AM
My good Phil, stop scary me saw it at the top again almost scared to look with Breagh's track record lol
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-07-2007, 12:19 AM
Oh no - no poblems although as described in (Breagh's Growing up thread) I've just had to make her puke up a jumbo toblerone and box.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Lexies a thief its a nightmare she stole a scented candle yesterday, amazed she could reach it I almost cant.
As long as Breaghs ok thats the main thing hun.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Phil, I was wondering, might you consider putting together an article about the experience and submitting it for the Health section in the off-forum Articles area of Dogsey ?
From the onset of the bloat, to your rapid reaction getting her seen, going through the op, and her being a Bloat survivor as a result of quick action on your part, I just think if its there for people to read no matter where this thread is [ ie if it drops down the pages ], it could well save another dogs life if someone reads a real life experience article of this often fatal condition then knows what to do because of your experience.
What do you think ?
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Phil, I was wondering, might you consider putting together an article about the experience and submitting it for the Health section in the off-forum Articles area of Dogsey ?
From the onset of the bloat, to your rapid reaction getting her seen, going through the op, and her being a Bloat survivor as a result of quick action on your part, I just think if its there for people to read no matter where this thread is [ ie if it drops down the pages ], it could well save another dogs life if someone reads a real life experience article of this often fatal condition then knows what to do because of your experience.
What do you think ?
I think that's a really good (and worthwhile) idea.

Like most Dogsey members (I'm guessing), bloat was something they had read about but but not experienced for themselves first hand.

I've been around dogs for 30 years and despite reading about it many times, never really expected to walk into the living room and be faced with a dog (fine an hour ago) the size of a beer keg.

It's a shocking condition and what will always stay with me (hopefully) is the suddeness of the problem and the importance of a speedy reaction.

I was perhaps lucky to at least know the signs but there must be so many folk out there that would also act quickly enough if they were only aware of the signs and not be worried about bothering the vet in the middle of the night instead of 'waiting till the morning' when it could be too late.

Will do just that.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-07-2007, 03:37 PM
That is a really good idea. When Asti had her attack of Pancreatitis I put it all on the Schnauzer Forum as it was happening. That was 3 months ago now, and about three weeks ago someone with a mini Schnauzer phoned her dog groomer up (who also has Schnauzers and is a member on that Forum) saying her dog was really ill and told her the symptoms and because the groomer had read my account of Asti and Pancreatitis she told the woman to rush the dog to the vets as it sounded like what I had written. And it was, the dog had got Pancreatitis. After the appropriate treatment at the vets, being on a drip for a few days etc the dog is fine now, but has to be on a special diet, as Asti is. Mind you, mini Schnauzers are very susceptible to Pancreatitis so my vet says, he reckons mini's will have to be genetically tested for it in the end.

That bloat sounds absoloutely horrifying and really worth knowing about.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-08-2007, 11:43 PM
After Evie posted the thread about bloat i just spent 10 mins reading this post again from start to finish.

Couldn't leave it without another thankyou to everybody

Breagh a week before 7 months old.
[IMG][/IMG]
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
After Evie posted the thread about bloat i just spent 10 mins reading this post again from start to finish.

Couldn't leave it without another thankyou to everybody

Breagh a week before 7 months old.
[IMG][/IMG]
and she's looking great Phil, thanks for posting again (even if I did panic seeing this post up again lol)
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 11:23 AM
She looks fantastic, and growing up fast. What a beauty. :smt001
Page 23 of 24 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 >