Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
steviesun
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2008, 04:10 PM

Gelert Country Choice canned dog food

Whilst in Mole Avon yesterday I saw some tins of this. Couldn't read the back properly because they're packaged in trays, but looked fair enough in terms of ingrediants as far as I could see.

Now I don't like feeding either kibble or tinned to my dog, he's no fan, so don't plan on changing his diet but since I realise that how I feed my dog isn't for everyone I like to educate myself as much as possible so when I'm asked by people who don't like giving up free time researching canine diets I can give them advice about good kibbles and tinned foods. So I keep an eye out for dog foods that look alright so when asked I can suggest them to people (I'm no expert but I hope that by getting people to think about the food they buy their dogs it's better for the dog than the owner just buying the food they see on the supermarket shelf because it's there).

I can't find a website for the canned food, only the dry, so I'm not sure how the two relate. The kibble looks like a fairly sound kibble, and the only info I can find about the tinned suggests that it's similar in quality. I can't find any suggestion of quantity fed each day, so can't work out whether it's cheap or expensive.

Does any one have any experience with this food? On the scale of commercial preprepared foods how does this one rate?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2008, 05:05 PM
I found this.
http://www.pets2home.co.uk/item--Cou...2--572533.html