Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 10:01 PM
I dont know what to say either
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 10:10 PM
some ppl just dont deserve to own any animals,that poor puppy, hope its ok.hopefully the dog warden can do some thing about it.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2007, 10:13 PM
We've concluded that it was a black cocker puppy and mum's described one of the men. They also had what she thinks may have been a fawn coloured staffy with them, but it was a bit of a way away with the other man so can't be sure.

Going to call the dog warden tomorrow - I only know of one other black cocker walked in that area and it's not a puppy so if they're there again they should be easily spotted.

Apparently he threw the poor thing about 12 feet
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 08:00 AM
I think I would have picked the puppy up and ran! The poor pup probably hasn't been trained, people need to learn you have to put effort in.
Becky
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Your poor Mum having to witness this and not be able to do anything about it and that poor puppy,don't people realise they are exploring all the time and have to learn no wonder he doesn't come back if he is treated this way.Ollie at 11 months still has no recall when other dogs are around.
Hope the Dog Warden will agree to keep an eye out for them.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I think I would have picked the puppy up and ran! The poor pup probably hasn't been trained, people need to learn you have to put effort in.
Becky
Impossible when you have a 12 year old who hates puppies (I think they worry him, being so small) and would quite happily attack the poor little thing, you're at the bottom of a hill, and there are two big blokes walking the pup

I'd love to patrol the area for a few days without Eddy and keep my car close by...

There's very rarely any dog wardens (or any authority figures at all) in the area in question but we'll do our best...
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 08:23 AM
It's so hard to get something like that out of your head. I once witnessed a bloke kicking his dog after it had run to play with mine (is it a crime?) and the dog yelped. It was horrible. I will never forget it but like you say what can a woman do against a bully like that when on your own. Why do people get dogs if they have such a low tolerance of them? The young dog I have just now has been in a few homes now and was given up because he was pooing in the house. For God's sake he's a puppy..that's what they do!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 08:45 AM
I punched a man (several times) who was nearly a foot taller than me when he kicked my puppy clean across the pavement because he didn't like dogs! Where animals are concerned I tend to react first
Becky
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Sat here mouth open in shock - some people can not be educated - I think I probably would have said something too them - poor little puppy - that's one way to teach it not to come back too - so goodness knows what will happen next time.

I hope the warden can do something too.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >