Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Aitch

I'm surprised you buy your furniture from the Littlewoods catalogue.......

How tacky!

I fort you was a laydee.......

*runs for cover*

Lol! Don't call me tacky misses!!!! I wanted cream gloss, and the only place I could find it is in the Littlewoods or Additions, coz we don't have our MFI now, and Vokins only had wood, and furniture village I didn't like any, and Littlewoods had sent me a 30% discount voucher for anything I bought, so I thought this was a good time to spend a grand with them, get 30% discount, PLUS my commission, thereby making it £500 less than I would have got it off Additions!! Glad you asked????!!!! Alsooooooo, the chests had to go into the two alcoves under the eaves upstairs (loft extension so it has the slopey bits!) and these fitted with 1 mm. each side to spare, so it looks just peeeeerfect!

I won't be buying off them again though!!! I got my lovely leather dining room chairs from them and they're not tacky, they're posh mate!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 04:32 PM
I just sent them another e-mail now!

Can I please have the missing hardware for my Porto 2 door wardrobe delivered last week against order No.102222390399

We are missing: ALL ITEMS X, Y AND Z plus L x 1

This will make all the difference when we can actually hang some doors on the front! Thankyou! Regards,

PMSL!!! Oh I think I might open a bottle of wine and hang some clothes up now.......
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 04:51 PM
We had the new fridge freezer delivered yesterday. they moaned like billy o about us not having double doors. Apparently they sdaid we had filled out a survey saying we had double doors. I had in fact had a con versation with awoman who had taken all the door measurements that it was due to pass through. In the end they brought it round the back and through the patio door.....they removed the packaging and then were nice! This was purchased at Debenhams.

I really think it depends where you shop. M&S will deliver to the room of your choice and assemble the furniture for you!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol! Don't call me tacky misses!!!! I wanted cream gloss, and the only place I could find it is in the Littlewoods or Additions, coz we don't have our MFI now, and Vokins only had wood, and furniture village I didn't like any, and Littlewoods had sent me a 30% discount voucher for anything I bought, so I thought this was a good time to spend a grand with them, get 30% discount, PLUS my commission, thereby making it £500 less than I would have got it off Additions!! Glad you asked????!!!! Alsooooooo, the chests had to go into the two alcoves under the eaves upstairs (loft extension so it has the slopey bits!) and these fitted with 1 mm. each side to spare, so it looks just peeeeerfect!

I won't be buying off them again though!!! I got my lovely leather dining room chairs from them and they're not tacky, they're posh mate!!!!
Some days it's just too easy.......
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
We had the new fridge freezer delivered yesterday. they moaned like billy o about us not having double doors. Apparently they sdaid we had filled out a survey saying we had double doors. I had in fact had a con versation with awoman who had taken all the door measurements that it was due to pass through. In the end they brought it round the back and through the patio door.....they removed the packaging and then were nice! This was purchased at Debenhams.

I really think it depends where you shop. M&S will deliver to the room of your choice and assemble the furniture for you!
Will they? It'll be M & S next time around then!

Fridges! Yes, I'm with you there Rach, coz when they brought my big food centre which was going into the newly refurbished bootroom, it wouldn't go through the back door They thought they had a big problem....... until I suggest they took it out of the packaging, which they did, then it went through ok with a fag paper each side gap! That was actually quite funny watching them bringing it through, coz me and my friend were watching them from the kitchen window, and there was a bloke one side and another bloke at the back, and it just seemed to be floating through the doorway , their hands were nowhere in sight I couldn't fathom it out, I thought they might have "wished" it through there or something Then they told me they had straps underneath the whole unit and so of course, their hands were right down to their knees just holding the straps which we couldn't see! Lol! It was really funny at the time!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:20 PM
I refer to my Friday evening of 4 hours phone calls to Tesco...welcome to the nut house Aitch...Just spend some time clutching a bottle of wine in the corner...it helps!xxxxx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:30 PM
oh dear! how I can understand your frustration - we had a similar incident when we had half a bed delivered - enough said!! Hope you get it sorted soon.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:31 PM
H does your fridge thing have ice and water and if so did it taste a bit odd at first?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Lol Jackie I remember it only too well, so I've opened a single little bottle of vino coz I don't really drink, but today has been enough to persuade me to take it up again!!!

Lol at you Tillymind, but it wasn't funny at the time was it! What is WRONG these days???!!!

No Rach, I went for the LG because it was one of the few that didn't have the water, purely because I wanted the extra freezer room (me being the sensible kind!). If you don't like your water from it, I can recommend the Britta water filter that you leave plugged in, you can even put orange juice in it, and I have it on the go in the bootroom all summer long, and it's fab!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Don't know what to say you seem to be fighting on all fronts at the moment H - flatpacks vary such a lot, some are good and some are not, sounds like you've got some nice ones but the 'after sales service' is a bit rubbish.

I think the problem is no one thinks these days, it's far easier to just send out a complete new one rather than open one and get the bits needed and send them.

And again, if they did open a new one, would they know what to look for They maybe selling flatpack furniture but you can bet your bottom dollar no one in the firm has put one together, the 'demo' models in the the stores are all assembled by sub contractors who just go around doing nothing but assemble for stores, the store staff never get their hands dirty actually assembling and finding out the problems do they
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >